RE MT = best?

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 199
ok im asking the question again since alot of the experts on here didnt answer to it so here it is

i got a quote for a brand new mt from a dealer for 800 which is customized to VC configuration on what ever i need its going to be a single 18 powered by a WCC D5000 which is the same as orion

would this be the best sub for the price on that amp ive already got the amp sitting in my room if this is the best sub for the price what would be a good VC configuration on that D5000?

system is staight spl going into a 98 eclipse i might be taking back seats out

how does a 18 juggernaught or apx or any other speakers compare? is the the best spl for the money? again this is going to be only spl

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1906
you could also look into a shocker sig, the juggernaut is a badazz spl sub but so is the mt, im sure either the mt, jug, or sig will fit your spl needs. if it was me i'd get a sig, but i like shocker more than the others listed.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1142
the atomic will beat all of those woofers in a nice install but it need alot of space and its a spl sub with a touch of sq too, the juggernaut is a spl sub designed to be used in daily drivers as well, so the mt, and i said that if u get the mt will be better cuz it will be the sub with more sq. but the loudest will be the atomic also the less expensive with less sq but also used for daily driverthe socker is also a good spl sub , but with 800 to spend i can get u two 18 inch atomic apx for that amount plus shippin and i can make u the box str8t for spl and specially for ur car

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3419
lilrob, your grammer is gettin lil better....
I see commas and periods...

but seriously...
MT will laugh @ 2500rms... it needs a good 5krms (2 of ur amps) to slap you silly...

Get a DUAL 2ohm for that 1ohm stable amp..

On your list, I like APX, but for the prices, Ill choose whats best priced... all are good.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 849
wouldnt a quad 4 ohm vc setup work too. it would be sweet to have quad vc.

oh and what about the neo-sig isnt that step up form the regualr sig? is it too expensive? i dont think shocker audio has a website where would you buy shocker audio products?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 851
it isnt very noticable but i heard somewhere dual vc subs get a little better sq just by having the extra vc so wouldnt a quad have a little better sq than a dual?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 852
sry about the triple post, but the 18" MT is my dream sub... you are sooo lucky to be able to get one.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1146
quad will be a waste of money and b is right u need alot of watts to make the mt move. the apx will not need much power at least 2.5k will be fine for daily driver, but the apx will be the loudest cuz apx is one of the most effiecien woofer in its class that means it will reach its full excursion with out alot of watts than other and if ur serious about competitions u can trow 25k rms at the atomic at burps thats if ur serious about competitions,

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2072
or you could just get a dd 9515 for that money and it would take that wattage prefect

Silver Member

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 201
im not lookin for a daily driver really and i might look into another 2500d later on but i need a sub before i go and spend another 500 on another amp

Silver Member

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 202
b would a apx get louder than a mt on 2500?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3423
Lilrob is right, the APX will be more efficent on the list....

Sw9152 diffrent voice coil configs will not make anything sound better. It can lower the Fs yes.. but nothing to do with Sq...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3424
i think the MT has more potential to be louder... but you got to feed it..

Meade just got 2 new 18s for his Civic, he is gonna use 6Krms or 12krms... its a toss up...
So 3krms or 6krms DAILY! on each MT!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1907
the neo-sig is a step above the regular sig but he would need double the power to even think about getting it, theres a vid on roe of a neo-sig taking eother 3 or 4k rms free air and not even break a sweat, and shocker audio doesn't have a website as far as i know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us