Box in trunk or somewhere else?

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 208
Hi guys, I've a hatchback, I have a pair of swr 1042d subs and hifonics 1500d amp. i want place the custom enclosure behind the rear passenger seat and not in the trunk. Any suggestions? i know that more louder will be in trunk, but still want to place it behind rear seats.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 886
wouldn't placing them behind the rear passenger seat be in the trunk?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4180
what kinda car is this Aman.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Hello Lee and mike,
The box will not basically in trunk. IT will facing up behind the rear seat, like the position of stock speakers.
I have a hatchback lee, like a Accord or benz. Its a Skoda OCtavia,

http://skoda-auto.co.in/ritdi.htm l

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 896
link don't work. but i think i remember seeing it before, red 4 door right?

and if i'm right, and you say it's like an accord, then it's a trunk, not hatchback. and you'll probably have best results from facing them towards the back of the car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
http://skoda-auto.co.in/ritdi.html
Actually, I can not buy sound deadning materials, like dynamat. Because, here in India, they are not avilable. And buying on eBay will cost me as same as buying a new amp. Without dynamat the trunk will be continously rattling. I havent installed my system yet, I've heared my friend's system. He has a cheap and crap in his car LOL, that also make the the trunk to rattle which looks like sh-it when someone is standing outside the car.
Thats why I am asking, that how much will be difference in the bass if I place behind rear seat and not in trunk.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 898
i'm still lost if you have a trunk or not? if it's like an accord than it's a trunk. i'd put them facing towards the rear, maybe putting the rear seats down if you don't use them to open it up more. or not using the rear seats at all and face them inside the cabin.

or do you mean putting them on the back seats?

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
mike, i'm not planning to place the box on rear seat and cannot put down the rear seats. You knowthe place where the stock speakers are placed? on a plastic, or what it is, tray? which can be seen through rear windshield. I'm posting the link fo the car's pics as i cant upload here because posting msg from my cell phone.
http://autoimage.cz/skoda/octaviaiirs.htm

the link is something like dat,

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
kindly go to that page and browse for SKODA, on that, go on the lunk which labelled as something octavia IIrs, here is a car with red color. thats same as mine. the trunk opening is from back to the place near the antenna. Now suggest me, facing box up, how much loudness

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Ok guyz, Here's the pic of my ride with the trunk or hatch opened. Now tell me What will be impact of loudness as I am placing the box facing up behind the rear seats.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/jatt_rulez/91c36b2a.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 467
it looks to me like 2 subs in a box wouldnt fit on top of the rear deck, i dont know if i misunderstanding where you want to put it though

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4185
i think you should put it in the trunk firing back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
I know lee that it will sound great in trunk. Buy If you have looked at the4 image, I dont have a lot of space. I have to travell around alot and cant afford to block the trunk. I just want to know that how much differene will be there if I place the box facing up behin rear seat after removing the deck rather palcing the box in trunk facing backward.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 906
aman, the bass will rattle your car , so it doesn't mind where you put it, the difference will be in the way you feel the bass. You can put it where you want, but it's going to rattle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Thans juliob,
If I install dynamat, what will be effect on bass? Please clearly mention. Will it stop rattling of trunk?
Also, where to install the dynamat?
I mean floor of trunk, lid, sides, what??
Thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Crayola0

Post Number: 17
Aman u live in india? I live in wisconsin. SMALL WORLD. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us