Running 2 subs off 2 different amps

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 388
Hey,

I have 2 12" alpine Type E's running off a single Alpine MRP-M350. I was able to land an Alpine MRD-M300 and was wondering if any problems would arise if I were to connect each sub to each amp ? and wold it make that much of a difference or should I just sell it ?

MRP-M350
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oGUt1PVJrTQ/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=500mrpm350&searc h=mrp+m350

MRD-M300
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oGUt1PVJrTQ/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=500MRDM300&searc h=MRDM300

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 389
bump

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 390
why its not moving to the top i don't know

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 391
any opinions here ?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1905
i don't see why there would be a problem as long as the ohms match up and one amp isn't like double the power of the other amp, but remember your going to have to run a distrobution block, and i'd recomend going to a bigger guage of wire also.

Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 7
and also remember that in order for the subs to sound the same, your going to have to tune the frequency and the gain the exact same. it may take some time to get them synchronized and one sub *may* be louder due to the stronger amp but i dont think youll run into any major problems

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 281
Yea my buddy has two alpine type rs and one on a kenwood 1000wat amp and one a kenwood 1200watt amp all he did was set his 1200watt amp down a little on the gain and everything and it sounds fine. So its very possible to work fine.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 392
ok, thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us