Vented enclosure

Username: Thumprms

DaltonUSA

Post Number: 1
i have a vented enclosure for two 12's. There is a single vent in the middle about 4 inches wide. Could i place a piece of mdf wood in the center to make them have there own port?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 531
is the box asingle chamber box or dual chamber?

boister77
Unregistered guest
if you place wood in the port, you will alter the port dimensions therefore changing the ports tunning frequency.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2719
I think he meand MDF in the middle of the box, not the port, but it's ahrd to tell from his poor wording.

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 128
dont mean to jack this thread but it seemed like the appropriate topic. im trying to get a custom box built for an adire shiva. i currently have a 1cu ft sealed but i wanted to get a ported one now. adire suggests 2 or 3 cu ft vented box with a 3in diameter port. ive read that small vents can cause port whine tho.

second i was also considering a slot port but i didnt see too much info distinguishing the 2 on the websites u guys suggested. does a slot port just require that u cut the opening on the box to a proper size or do u also need pvc for a slot port as well. Suggestions and diagrams would be great. thx.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us