Audiobahn advise needed

Anonymous

I just bought 2 12'' audiobahn 1251t subs (400rms each) with a pyramid amp that puts out 1000 max. I need to know how to wire the subs inside the box being that they are dual voice coil subs. I need to know how to get the best out of them. any helpful sources would be helpful. thanx

ltroastabatch
Unregistered guest
are they dual 2 ohm or 4 ohm

Anonymous

dual 4 ohm

ltroastabatch
Unregistered guest
try this:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 85
before you try anything, at what ohm is the amp stable?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 525
before you do anything!!

get ridda that crap man! its nothin but problems waiting to happen

Anonymous

it is stable @ 2 & 4 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 87
well your only going to be able to wire those subs to a 4 ohm load for that amp. so your probably going to only use 1/2 the power the amp can supply, full power being at a 2 ohm load.

click on the link ltroastabatch posted, 2 4 ohm DVC, and wire them the way it says for 4 ohms.

DO NOT wire it for a 1 ohm load, amps protection light will keep coming on and amp will shut off, and eventually you will destroy your amp.

Anonymous

i anonomous i am curious how u think themk sub sound in your car please reply to me
thanks

hahaha
Unregistered guest
You stupid. You sound dumb. you must be idiot.

Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 2
i have 2 audiobahn subs also

400rms watts each...800rms total

you prolly going to want a new amp...possibly 2 amps if you want full potential out your subs...thats what im doing..

audiobahn makes some of the best audio products

good selection..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2783
you do realize that the power handling of the subs has nothing to do with their quality or their performance, right?

one monoblock amp would be more than enough to handle those two subs efficiently.

its_baconl2
Unregistered guest
AudioBahn = polished turds!
like me.

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 4
audiobahn makes top of the line products...

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 67
....audiobahn and "top of the line" shouldn't be in the same sentence!!!

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 6
lol...

why?

i have audiobahn subs and i dont have no problems, everything hits nice...hasnt failed me..

i dont get why everyone on this board seems to hate audiobahn..

:/

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 43
i dont hate audio bahn. i have some subs from there got AWT12X for 200 a piece they !POUND!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2795
I've explained why the company is unreputible.
Your lack of comprehension is beyond my ability to help.

Anonymous

James is 19 years old Glass. That is why he doesn't understand. He thinks he knows it all.
Your over 10 years of car audio means nothing to him.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2854
ever wonder how differently you'd have turned out, if you'd listened to everything your parents told you when you were younger?
heh

what a thought

Anonymous

He says everything hits nice and hasn't failed me...He sounds like he'd be happy with Sony Xplod as long as they're still working. Just because they work doesn't mean they're one of the best companies. You need to listen to a TRUE SQ system or even a true SPL system, then maybe you'll quit clogging up posts with "Oh mine are awesome, get an awesome Audioblah amp to get full potential" These subs don't have potential for jack. All you're doing is confusing people and leading them to waste a lot of their hard-earned cash on a system that is remedial at best.

Anonymous

Maybe with all the thick headed Audioblah fanatics, this analogy they will understand. And I'm sure Glasswolf will agree, too. Audiobahn is the souped up Honda of car audio. They're flashy with their "Type R" emblems and chrome, and a little better than a factory car, but then something that actually performs (i.e. any decently built V-8, like a 426 hemi or a 427 SOHC) rolls along and destroys it in every aspect. By the way, the Honda also sounds like crap. JL Audio, Kicker, Image Dynamics, X X X, Adire Audio are the built V8's of car audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us