Need some speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Orion_hcca

Post Number: 21
im lookin for some good 6x8 speakers since my stock ones are blown, any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 127
Kyle, what is your budget, what kind of car do you have, what sort of music do you listen to and what other equipment are you running or planning on running? There are a LOT of options out there so you need to help us narrow it down a bit. Budget is the most important part, we don't need an exact number if you don't know but give us a ballpark.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
budget is not an issue for me, i drive a 94 eagle talon, i run 2 10" round solo barics on an orion hcca 150 with kicker ks60s in the doors

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 129
Well, I'm personally of the school of thought that if you're running subs and half way decent speakers in the front, there's no need to spend a bunch of money on rears and I know plenty of people who don't run rear speakers at all. I personally have a set of two way Alpine 6x9s in my car and don't have any complaints, but I don't really notice them that often anyway. I'm also a fan of Polk and run a set of their components up front. If I were you, I'd just drop as little cash as I could on a moderate brand like alpine, infinity or polk or even kicker if you're happy with your ks60s, and then if you're looking to improve sound get a set of comps for the front and maybe an amp down the line. However, if the rear speakers are important to you, i'd look into a set of comps and some brackets that would let you mount them in the stock locations. You'll get major improvement over oval coax speakers. Just my thoughts. I'd try and be more specific, but all the searches I do for a '94 Talon tell me that they have 6.5's in the back, not 6x8s, but you know your car better than me.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 196
damn if budget wasnt an issue for u wtf r u doin wit those subs n' speakers lmao.. stop tryin to be cool n' tell us a budget

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
the ks60s were already in the car when i bought it, they sound fine so i havent bothered replacing them, i may just disconnect the rear speakers, and JK dont be so ignorant about it, and why would i want new subs? i love my subs and if i even said what specs they are ppl would probably say im full of it since ive heard from others before that "that cant exist" and i dont have a budget because they will be bought for me then payed back, so it can be pretty much any amount
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us