TWEETERS...look

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 119
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3073

Why are these so expensive? These are the little roudn circles that only put out highs correct? and if so could i just hook them into a wire from my 6x9s(back) or 4x6s(front) or would i be underpowering them too much or giving my HU output wires to low of a load? and one last question, are these the speakers i want to make my vocals be loud clear and be hear from far away? Thanks.

Username: Lexus_coop

Post Number: 9
cause they the shiznit son

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1045
Quality cost more than budget items. You learn that as you through life.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Lexus_coop

Post Number: 21
yes mixineffect is right he the man peace love

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 972
actually those are expensive because they include a crossover. Those are the normal 1in tweet...can't tell whether its the DRT-25 or the tw-24 but you're paying for the crossover that comes with it...which looks like 560crossover. and atleast its not the ES-01 tweet which is much more. BUt those are nice tweets as long as its the drt-25. but thats one of them Woofersetc.com combo and aren't normally found as a package from CDT so thats why little info is given on them.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 121
k thanks, can anyone answer my other questions?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 126
To hook them up you wire your head unit to the crossover and then wire your mids and tweets from there.

Tweets don't require a ton of power so you'll probably be fine with deck power as long as the ohm load is the same as the rest of your drivers.

As far as making your "vocals loud clear and be hear from far away", they'll add a lot of clarity to the high frequency bands in whatever you're listening to. Often, the most noticable difference is in high hat hits and things like that, but vocals are also often improved to a point. However, as far as making them loud from far away (which shouldn't be needed anyway), the best way to add volume is external amps. Speakers will only get loud if they can handle, and are fed enough power.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 975
you'll be getting a full range signal so the only way to use them is with the passive crossover but this will then hamper your 6x9s. The passive crossover seperates your mids and highs so the 6x9 would only play your mid and the tweet will play your highs. You will need an external amp to make your driver louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us