What role does the 8' mid bass play?

Bronze Member
Username: Junior22

Post Number: 22
I saw a guy today at my boys shop .. with a full system in the back .. 12 w7 and a 1000/1

but then in the inside of his truck .. he has two 8 inch subs im guessing there midbass? im not sure tho ... what would be the purpose of them?

i didnt get to ask him what he used them for ...or what he was trying to achieve .. seems like its kind of unnescary

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1036
In each of my home theatre speakers i have 2 neo tweeters and 1 8" dayton. I can say it would sound just a little better with a 3" mid. But the 8" is fine.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3165
Midbass, definitely. It's hard to get the full impact of a snare drum through a 12" sub-given a snare drum plays 100-440Hz.

Bronze Member
Username: Junior22

Post Number: 23
so ur saying to have a set of 8s in the doors of the car or in a kick panel .. ud pick up more frequencys?

i really have no knowledge about midbass drivers

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1036
"Compromise"

Pros and cons. 6" Vs 8"

6"

Faster transient response (sounds tight)
Lighter cone, lower impact in mid-bass region
Ability to extend higher in the upper midrange region, therefore making two way crossover designs easier on the tweeter.
Does not extend low enough in the bass region, therefore it bottoms out, and requires a bass-blocker.
Weaker motors; lower SPL.

8"

Slower transient response (sounds slow)
Heavier cone, higher impact in the mid-bass region
Inability to extend as high in the upper midrange region, therefore making two way crossover designs difficult on the tweeter.
Extends low enough in the bass region, therefore it does not bottom out, and does not require a bass-blocker.
Stronger motors; higher SPL

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 421
lol im about to be doing just what you saw in your friends car. except ill be using two jl audio 6w0's. yes, their for midbass, between 90-300 or so Hz.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 422
damn, i missed my 420 post
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us