Newbie ?'s

Username: Vinniety

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone. I have always had systems in my cars in the past but always had professional installers do them. This time i am going to do it myself or at least try hopefully with some help. I am in the electronic field so splicing wires is not a problem. Now to my question.

I have a 93 gmc typhoon and I have a pioneer headunit p6400 with flip up screen with a NAV/DVD player. I want to change the speakers and add an amp and even a nice sub. I have someone that has for sale an entire system that he had in his truck before he took it out before selling it. This is what he has for sale:
Kicker 6 1/2 rear speakers with modification plates so they fit in the 6x9 rear section, Kicker 4 1/4 front speakers with tweeters and crossovers, rear custom box with a L7 10 square Kicker SUB that goes over the right side rear wheel hump and a kicker I605 5 channel AMP. He wants about 1200 dollars for everything even the cables, power, ground and RCA cables. Is this good? The items are about 3 to 4 years old sitting in his closet. He also has the radio but i dont need that so he came down to 1200 for everything without the radio.

Any help would be great? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 377
screw that, dont pay 1200 for suttin like that, even if it was new i wouldent get it, and you saying its 3-4 years old. theres alot of better stuff for cost of 1200 that is new. if i was you i would ask around this forum for suggestions of what you need and tell everone you have a 1200 bugget. they will tell you were to get it and all that .im sure somone will help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 114
^seconded^

You could probably get all of that stuff brand new for less than $1200. Rear speakers maybe $100 (they'll come with brackets if you get them from someplace like crutchfield.com), front comps $130-$160, sub $350 and the box will probably run you around $100-$130. Could probably find the amp for around $400 retail, less online. Add in wire and install and you're probably still under budget. Plus, those prices are all retail for brand new equipment and I'm sure you could find them for less elsewhere online. Plus, you'd be stuck with Kicker products and I've never been a fan. Definately ask around before you lock yourself into that "deal".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us