Dont get jacked

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 146
so I think someone tryed to steal my subs and stuff i noticed a key mark that was never there before and the lock is wiggly now i never payed much attention to the trunk before i got subs but now that i do im so paranoid about theft. how much is a good alarm that i can hear inside my house if it goes off. and has that little remote deal? what are good alarms?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 878
get a viper alarm... idk how much they cost around 450 for a good one. I THINK! get a custome hone that says "SOMEONE IS STEELING MY WEED" and people will look and help your car LOL

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4096
my friend bought this alarm and its pretty good.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2986

i know what you mean about being paranoid. i can't even take my car to a place where i will be away from my car for a couple of hours. i am beginning to think if all this is worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 615
get an alarm that has a two way pager, that way if someone sets it off. it notifies you via the thing on the keychain, people dont do crap when alarms go off, but you will do something

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 149
yeah thats the plan thats what iwant yeah chad lee im at the same point here wondering if its worth it imean thats like 1000 plus dollars just gone in a hour or less

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 359
I'm not even paranoid anymore after 3 thefts, I could really care less anymore. They take it then thats it i'm done with systems. I even take off my faceplate and they still take the deck ?? like whoe does that ?

^^^ Chad's suggestion of alarms is good I was gonna get that one.

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 153
bump for sure someone tried to steal stuff cuz the rubber gasket thing around the hole is all chewed up and i can see where they tried to pry it out i wish i had a camera so i could have seen who it was

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 902
thats why i always bolt my stuff to the car so they can struggle to take it off. And get an alarm....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4100
straight g of the E..........is your stuff well hidden? if they are then its most likely someone you know that tried to jack your sh!t.

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 60
Im gonna Bolt my 10W7 down, tint the windows, and get an alarm... I really need to Tint the windows, because it's in a hatch.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 236
I guess most insurance companies wont cover you unless the complete system is bolted to your car. My buddy had his system jacked and cause he had his box bolted down they covered that and the subs but his amp was nto connected to anything so they wouldnt cover the amp. Isnt that some BS he's still fighting with them about that.

Bronze Member
Username: Im_the_loudest

Post Number: 39
i've got friends that do that stuff and to tell you the truth.........alarms can't protect your system........only your car. I've seen my friends ripp open a trunk from the outside because the trunk was locked and believe me it only took less than 10 secs to do it...the safest thing to do is to leave a pitbull in the car or a rotty. You won't be able to hear your alarm anyways if your at the mall or work or school. By the time you notice your pager and get out to your car your stuff is already gone.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2604
guys...
il share with you some of my ideas.
1. get sum right angle mount brackets(shape of an L). Screw one ever 5-8 inches to your box and down to your trunk.
2. Hide your amp behind your sub box
3. invest in sum good security screws or T-nuts to screw ya woofers down.
i had sum more ideas and i will post every one of em when i remember em

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
just put it this way........with a strong enough magnet.....you can place it on the hood of any car and it will disable any electrical components in that area including back up batteries for your alarm....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2605
true james but i wouldnt spend money or risk anything buying one those SOB's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
true........

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4107
what was really fucked up for my friend was, when the thief couldn't get the sub out, they just put a bigazz hole in the sub and left.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 362
James, just curious but did you say you watched your friend break into someones car ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
when you have friends that steal it can happen at any moment

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1102
why u dont go to sonic electronix and buy an alarm that has ccd camera that u hide and when someone sounds the alarm or set off the alarm the camera star to capture images and it will send them to your pager only 350 buckz and pretty good alarm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2614
lilrob...got a link to that alarm?
i actually might invest money in2 it

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1222
just put it this way........with a strong enough magnet.....you can place it on the hood of any car and it will disable any electrical components in that area including back up batteries for your alarm....

Magnetism will not disable anthying other than a hard drive or magnetic strip, regardless of how strong it is. A neutron burst will disable any electrical charge in that vicinity. Neutrons attack polarities making everything neutral killing any chance of an electrical charge building hence making batteries/electronics useless! The power it would take to make this happen would fit in a cargo van, much easier to "smash and grab", better yet, TAKE THE WHOLE CAR and strip it later. Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 142
If magnets disable electronics, then why do my subs work?lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8167
my advice -
do a stealth install
bolt every sh!t down
tint ur glass
alarm
audio insurance

& MOST IMPORTANT dont play ur sh!t hard & show-off 2 attract ppl 2 ur system ...

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 937
i like the Viper 2way Responder units. You can get one installed for about 450$. I believe its the 465V is the sku, can't remember right now. And don't try to attraction so much attention to yourself.

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 71
Rovin's post sums it up right there... you forgot two things though Rovin, the mak 10 in ur beltstrap, and the pitty sittin in the passenger seat.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1223
& MOST IMPORTANT dont play ur sh!t hard & show-off 2 attract ppl 2 ur system

DON'T EVER PLAY IT NEAR YOUR HOUSE, most important rule! Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2616
alter...
can u reccomend any wallet friendly alarms that have the 2 way pager...
like preferably no more than 250.
it will be ok to go a little over though.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1999
wow u guys are gtting me paranoid lol

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 905
heres what i did i bought a kil switch for my car and pyu the switch under my seat you cant even see the switch under there. and i have an alarm also so if they disable the alarm the car still wont start cause the switch under the seat. i dont think a thief is gonna take long trying to find if you have a kill switch or not.....

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1226
Cut the horn, and pull the car with a tow truck, simple... :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4112
rofl. you have an answer for all polo.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 254
I have tint, a alarm, and full coverage. bout the best you can do. Also on an alarm, get a proximity sensor. you need to learn how to adjust it so you can change it. if you get within 6" of my car the alarm will chirp and after 4 seconds of it chirping, it will go into full blast. if you touch the car it will go off automatically. first of all a magnet WILL disable an alarm. that is how my stuff was stolen, and I've seen it happen first hand. touching a tazervto bare metal on your car will short EVERTHING out that is grounded to the car. From your ECU, your Battery, your HU, amp ect.... so after doing that you ruin everything making it usless to steal anything and impossible to steal the car. I love the tint (5% over 35%), and the alarm.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 145
ahh i broke the rules :-( i play it loud as hell by my house, but i get lucky i have the most fucked up schedule. The only times u will find my ride alone is during the middle of the day, and no1 will attempt to jack anything out of my truck form my house, i work all night and park in a underground parking lot for private parking only, also monitored by security, and then i got my garage at home(which maybe i should use!) i dont really care right now if my stuff did get jacked, i have insurance on it and i hate my whole system right now, i wanna replace it all, but my insurance will only cover upto 2000$ in Audio\Video equipt. :-( im going to have well over 4000 invested soon... Hoe careful should i be when bolting my stuff down, should i try to get screws to go threw the parts of the sheet metal that comes up? i dont wanna hit any wires or anything, but im not sure if there are any either.... 99 blazer

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 366
Hey John, question for you do you have plastic pieces on both sides of your rear window ? like they are big pieces of plastic coming down on both sides. I have a 97 Jimmy and I cant get them to stop rattling, what did you do if you have them ?

Bronze Member
Username: Econoline1

Vancity, Bc Canada eh

Post Number: 47
BOLT IT DOWN BUY THE BEST ALARM YOU CAN FIND. why get good car audio and not protect it. you would be thrwing away your money if you dont. and most of all GET GOOD INSURANCE.

nothing hurts more then loosing something soo precious to you even more precious then your television.

I have never had the problem. I have alarm that is sooo fugging loud ford makes it. its the newest ford alarm.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 262
okay heres what you do you get alarm, bolt everything down, the club put it on your steering wheel. Buy one of those new lock devices that goes on your tire rim. and flat one of ur other tires just in case they get the club and the tire device off. Keep a small compressor in the back to fill ur tire back up.:-):-):-) simple And the wheel lock device would get on the way of the tow truck dolly :-)

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 263
You say you wouldn't care if your stuff got stolen but it took me forever to get the insurance to get the money straight! Be careful what you wish for....

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 152
JC, if i am thinking correct are you talking about the plastic sides that the tarp cover is part of, where u can take it off and you have your jack\and spare things in there, and on the other side is where you hook it. If this sounds right. I took it all apart and put a very thin layer of silicon on the parts that i found were squeking and rattling, just add just enough to keep it from rubbing or bouncing off your sheetmetal, give it a little tension but not too much... did you have a problem with your back window also? I cant seem to get it to stop knockin, it rattles so damn much and i cant get it to stop. this is somthing that is visible to the eye so its hard to come up with somthing that wont look bad.... but the side pieces you cant even see the underside so i didnt worry about putting silicon on it, no1 will see it or HEar it either :-)

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 153
Honestly i wouldnt get as pissed as u think, i only have maybe 1000$ in equiptment in there right not, i can easily get it replaced by my insurance company..... anybody know of an insurance company that will cover more then 2000$ in audio\video for my ride? Once im done with replacing everything i should be in the 4-5,000 area... Do you think its possible to get more then 1 insurance company to cover me, but one only for sounds\video not for driving type insurance?

Bronze Member
Username: Econoline1

Vancity, Bc Canada eh

Post Number: 50
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 401
try this for an alarm. move to a small town, right outside the city, in IOWA.

lilrob. i would never waste money on an alarm that had a camera. if someone was stealing from you, they would just put on all black clothes, and put there hood up. i doubt the camera is going to take a clear shot of there face, so you can find them. and even if the camera gets a good shot of there face, doesnt mean you can find that person.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 87
cover your box with s hit so they wont touch it

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 162
Jcash, take picture of you doing that and maybe ill let you even get a chance about talking me into considering that a possibility, and if sum1 did go threw the trouble of breaking in for your sounds, they still gunna try to take it

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3208
do like me, install your own custom alarm, with your own direct triggers.. and (4) horns under the hood...

I have no problem hearing my alarm up on the 2nd floor.. or around the block...

infact, I love holding the horn on people.. :-)
why is my horn louder than SUVs... Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4114
thats a good idea. i want to get a few more horns for my car. but can't the cops give you a ticket for your horn being too loud?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3212
best way, is NEVER bass; near or around where you live or park your car for extened periods of time!
People dont even know I have a radio...
But see me somewhere, 20 miles plus from the house, and its the loudest thing you will hear!
:-)

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 155
YEAH i bump all the time at home its stupid but yeah this weekend im deffinatly gona look into boltin some sh!t down that amp is my baby and the subs..... ehh but yeah its scary umm its prolly somone i know i have a few ideas there are deffinatly some as s kickings in order.

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 143
Polo, alarms have back-up batterys built in the horn, so u would have to rip the horn off for that to work.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1227
Easier for you to carjack a person with them in it, lol.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1228
Andrew, from your original post you said a magnet disabling an alarm. I am sorry there is absolutely nothing in a "Magnet" that can disable anything in a vehicle, maybe if it was EXGTREME then you may be able to affect elec door locks, starter, wiper/blower motor, trunk lock and maybe a few vapor displays (doubt it) but that is it. I don't know who told you your car was disarmed by a magnet, if a lightning bolt won't do it neither is magnetism. I am not calling you a liar but if you got any data/proof on this phenominon, pass it along we all want to jack someone's sh!t, lol. Polo

Bronze Member
Username: Cbrown

Post Number: 36
buy a big snake and leave it in your car

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 316
lol dats some original sh!t Chauncey.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
http://www.boingboing.net/2005/12/13/dangerously_strong_m.html
Magnets can disarm circiuts try buying 6 of these bad boys

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3239
that link has nothing to do with disarming a car alarm! Monitors or any tv or tube projection, can be distorted with a magnet. A car alarm is not a magnetic based circuit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
yeah but your alarm has a circuit board. this can prolly stun it for a moment.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3241
a magnet can not stun a IC, resistor, capacitor, and a relay; and the track board that connects them.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 90
yeah i heard that myth maybe this might be a good episode for mythbusters?:-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7784
"buy a big snake and leave it in your car"

Thats not me....

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 276
Naw polo I dont take it that way, i would rather someone correct me than let me say something wong. I've watched a guy put something (he told me it was a magnent) over a hood and tried to start the car. it would turn over but not enough to start the car and he told me it was because of the magnent. i guess he was messin with me. he also said a tazer would kill anything grounded to a car. is that true?

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 277
that would be wRong not wong
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us