A couple problems I could use some pros help! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1068
First off I made a thread a couple of days ago about how I needed to get my stock stereo out of my 1991 Accord. I got it out but it was a chore, I basically just pried it out with a screw driver. I got everything hooked up but now it won't stay in. There really is no way to secure it. Anyone know what to do? Is there a kit or something I need?

Next, I have noticed that I can't get very much bass anymore. I have to put my apline cd player on max subwoofer output (+15) with MX on and even then the bass seems weak. I don't think it would be my amp. Could my Alpines preouts be getting weak or something? They are supposed to be 4v, but I think I even have my gain on my amp set higher than that. Any advice from some knowlegdable people would be great!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2585
ok...for the secure thing...
u should buy a dash kit for it. I installed this one crappy head unit in this crappy S10 before..it didnt fit good even with the trim panel so i had to buy the dash kit and it fit perfect.

have u matched ur voltage on ur amp to ur headunit?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1070
I'll try to see if I can find a kit, I just went out and looked at it again and there is no way to sucure it at all.

Yes I did match the gain to the preout voltage, like I said, probably even higher.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 822
yeah definately get a kit, i have a 92 accord and i got a kit for it at bestbuy for like $9.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1072
I think I will look into it. On CCs website they are 18 bucks, but whatever.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1077
bump, still need help on the second problem! :-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2594
try to keep setting it a little lower at a time...
maybe u have the colors mismatched (red on head unit to white on amp and vise versa)...check for that

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1079
The rcas are good, checked those.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 936
IIRC new Alpine decks have a weak 2v preout so they are worthless almost. If you have an amp make sure you don't have the HPF set high, you want it set low so all the high frequencies pass through it, so move it all the way down to like 80hz. Also make sure that both left and right speakers are wired the same so they have correct polarity. And last but not least, get a dash kit and don't be cheap. I get so many people in my store who have ghetto rigged their HU in there and it only makes things worse and harder for others. Don't cut your wire harness and don't throw away your brackets or anything until you see someone who can tell you what you need, like your dash kit, wiring harness and for vertain cars like GM and Ford and some german cars you need an antenna adapter and if you do own a GM that has that stupid door chime in the left driver speaker, ask for them not to sell you the stupid harness that keeps it and just bypass it and save you the 70$.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1081
I have a CDA-9813, it is a 2004 model, it is a quality head unit. Glasswolf had the very same headunit, and I know that he wouldn't buy anything crappy. It says it has 4v preouts. As for the LPF, I have it set on the HU itself. I have it set to 80 hz and a rolloff of 24db/octave. I think that should be good. I turned the gain up a little more and it seems to help some. But I just don't think I ever rember having to turn it up all that much. I might just be wrong and forgeting!

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 602
I had probs putting in my HU and EQ into my dash. My solution: 2 universal kits, and a tube of super glue. I cut the brackets off some of the kit and glued them to where the stock mounting bolts were. Its solid now. Put a few drops around the edges as well. Im dreading the day it has to come out.Lol
As far as no base, is the wiring ok? check your settings. Also is your sub wired ok?

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us