System vs. systemwhats the best system money can buy

Bronze Member
Username: Thedoctor421

Post Number: 18
What do yall think about Kicker is it better than Alpine or is just the subs better or what cause i heard tat te Kicker KS series and that the kicker subs L7 are better than the type R they also got the L5 the Type X the JL Audio W7 and so on and so fort

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2359
wow, punctuation...try it.

kicker makes better amps then Alpine and their subs are better if all your looking for is SPL. if you want any kind of SQ, then go Alpine for subs.

Alipne speakers are decient, but i haven't messed with Kicker speakers.

Kicker amps are way better then Alpine i say.

the Type X isn't a very good sub imo. they have had a lot of problems and are very inefficient drivers. the W7 i don't really car for and theres much better subs out there for that kind of money. Type R's are a nice all around sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Thedoctor421

Post Number: 22
So do the Type R's have any SPL cause I want a little bang but I also want quality bang and Im guessing SPL means bang as in bass if not what is it I know SQ is sound quality

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 113
SPL = Sound Pressure Level (boom), so you were right.

I'm with Brandon, I think the type R is a good all around sub and can be used for whatever you prefer depending on the setup you run. In a sealed box I think the SQ is pretty decent and in a slot ported box it'll hit hard if driven properly. It's all about preference though, right now in everything I've heard (KS series speakers vs. type r and L7 subs vs. type r subs) I'd go with Alpine. If you were looking for just SPL, you could feed an L7 800+ watts and bang 'til you couldn't hear any more, but I'm an SQ guy myself so I perfer the Type R. And I'll defer to Brandon's post in terms of the type X and Alpine Amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Lordvicadin

Post Number: 31
i like kicker stuff myself but i am on the other end of what brandon and derek are saying. i havent had alpine amps before but to me they are in the kenwood, sony , pioner are. good for sq but not for dishin out an a $ $ whippin'. i whould have to say kicker for general listening.. a good balance of both tome. but it depends on box size port and so on. i would use a alpin for the highs and mids but a kicker amp for the subs. i never ( except this time) go whith all one brand of amps and or amps and speakers..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us