CDT's do not sound like they should?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 177
I have CDT HD-52 components powered by an ED NINe.2x amp. They sounded great for the first two months. But, the past month when I turn the volume past 3/4 the tweeters seem to fade out. When I reduce the volume to 1/2 the tweeters fade back in. What is going on? Why did they sound great then suddenly not produce at high volumes? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2351
sounds like a tweeter protection circuit is being triggered to keep you from blowing the tweeters. they are getting too much power or too much distorted power. check your gains and make sure your not clipping the amp. its typical for a HU to send a clipped signal at or beyond 3/4 volume.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 178
Thanks Brandon, but why would this happen suddenly? I have not changed the gains on the amp. What do you mean by clipping the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 921
its the tweeter protection on the satnet 480. If you don't want any tweeter protection on the crossover get the 560 or above.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 182
Alter, What do I have? I bought the CDTs from you. What is the satnet 480. I also have a question for you on the sub forum. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3910
I use to have the 480 crossovers and never had a problem with them unless i was trying to show off to hard and raise the volume. They will cut out if you play them to loud. I upgraded to the 560 when they had the upgrade special going on. Not a major a very audible differance overall but it is suppose to provide better imaging and better built crossover overall.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 136
should i invest in some cdt's, somebody also suggested iridium.i need some opinions.sorry dont mean to steal the thread.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 924
480satnet was pretty standard on the 05 models and the new 06 models. 560 crossover is pretty much similar to the 480 but no tweet protection and some upgraded parts used.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 925
paul where in the sub forum?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us