How many DB's you guys think i will hit? Approximate

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

Collierville... Us

Post Number: 417
I have an explorer sport (2dr) ported box tuned to 32hz 2.5 cu ft 2 12" TSX 's and a 2500d orion amp. Approximatly how many DB's you think ill hit?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 718
idk, but last night i had a dream and this new guy came on here and he said the he had 3 18XXX and had like a dragqueen hooked up to them and he was hitting 120dB's.... and everyone on here was like OMG thats so loud... i know it has nothing to do with yoru post... sorry... LOL...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 722
i'll say 145...

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1069
nope i i say about 142-138

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 359
138, cause its tuned to 32, not 38.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7735
21398u12093u2130213u.dbs

because there is no way to tell....

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 384
^^^ exactly. thank you chauncey. i wanted to post that earlier but computer was messin up

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 865
I would say between 132-144 db's. But thats a huge range. 142 db's is twice as loud as 132 db's. An increase of 10 db's is twice as loud audibly. And increase of 3db's requires a doubling of amplification. There is really no way to tell like chauncey said. All I can really say is, it WILL be loud. 2500 watts and 2 TSX's will bump. So don't worry. 138 db's might not seem like a high number. but trust me, most people have never heard a system that hits over 140.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 767
chauncey and two4, we all know that you can't tell, but i mean if someone wants to knwo something you should still give them an estimate i mean who cares if you can't tell, he knows that but he still wants an answer

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 867
because there is a pretty big difference between 135db's and 141 db's. Mathematically, thats a 60% increase (from 135-141). So guessing is futile. All we can say is, it will be pretty loud. B/C two TSX's and 2500 watts should be pretty loud. I don't have a Crystal ball with a term lab on it that allows me to see into the future and determine how loud a system will be.

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
because you cant even give an estimate... theres so many more factors to take into consideration that he cant measure... thats why Shaine

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 770
well i know that there are alot of factors.. i'll agree with nick "All we can say is, it will be pretty loud. B/C two TSX's and 2500 watts should be pretty loud." put it best right there... two4, didn't mean to start beef

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 771
well i know that there are alot of factors.. i'll agree with nick "All we can say is, it will be pretty loud. B/C two TSX's and 2500 watts should be pretty loud." put it best right there... two4, didn't mean to start beef

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
no beef, just trying to clear everything up, and to let him know that his best bet, as always, is to get it metered. otherwise, he'll never know.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 772
agreed

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

Collierville... Us

Post Number: 426
i will get it metered as soon as i get it in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums