Is this a woofer or speaker

Bronze Member
Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 80
http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/168992844.html is this a woofer or a speaker the 2 dual ones

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1005
TWO 15" REACTOR CAR AUDIO SPEAKERS IN THE BOX, 800 WATTS.THESE SPEAKERS ARE FULL RANGE SPEAKERS,THEY ARE LOUD,YOU WILL NEED A BIG AMP.

Full range means that it will play bass, midrange, and some highs. Usually full range speakers will play mostly mids and verry little bass or highs.

Full range drivers are usually garbage. Stay away from full range drivers, especially if you want to use them as subs.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1006
Hmmmmmm,

Looking back at the pictures a little closer, it may be that the owner is trying to say that the 15's come in a two/three way speaker system. That is probably what they mean by "full range" in this case.

If that is true, then those 15's may verry well be speakers afterall. I think the tweeters are horns if I am not mistaken. Look at the top on the outer edges. The black plastic may be a horn loaded tweeter. Too hard to tell from th epics taken.

These remind me of the MTX road thunders of the early nineties here in the states. I would say that they are ok for camping, but not as a SQ system.

Username: Bobmk

Honolulu, Hawaii Usa

Post Number: 6
Those look to me like they are just 2 three-way speakers built into one box so that it looks like a sub, but it's actually speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 386
well....since a subwoofer IS a speaker ( defined as a component that converts electrical energy into acoustical energy), made for lower frequencies, i dont understand the point of this thread.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1013
Most subwoofers as of lately are designed for subharmonic frequencies in mind. Therefore they do not sound good above the bass region. As a matter of fact they start to drop off below 1Khz.

The question is probably asking if the 15" driver is a sub or a woofer. Looking at the above mentioned discussions it is highly likely that the 15" drivers are not just subs, but they may in fact be of the old school sub/woofer type. Therefore they extend higher than todays subs, and may in fact suffer in the subharmonic frequencies as they are not designed good enough for just that type of application.

Hope this makes sense.

Bronze Member
Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 97
yer it does
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us