How much do good tweeters cost?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 370
MY friends said they get their tweeters for 20 bucks a pair i think at the flea market. THiss is canadian would a pair of tweeters for 20bucks be good?? Also only reason im considering this is becasue my speakres once they hit 35 start distorting and my rear inifnity 6002I's im going to consider getting an amp for them if anyone would backup the fact that the distortion should stop with an added amp to them.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 378
if their on your head unit now and distort when you turn it up then adding an amp to properly power them will help this. and 20$ for tweets is way cheap they must be pretty shitty

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2347
thoes $20 flea market tweeters are crap.

and your speakerd distort at 35 because thats prob where the HU starts clipping. you will need external power from an amp to get any more volume without distortion. theres no way around it and adding a set of tweeters will only make things worse.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 78
go for infinity tweeters for 66 bucks then youll be on the safe side , just remember anything you power up with just a hu is volume limited so always get an amp but if your for sq at low volume then make sure you have supergreat hu and speakers, crossover and your set
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us