4 audiobahn flame q 12's vs. 2 kicker solobaric15's L7

Bronze Member
Username: Mash4kash

Post Number: 14
what yall think gonna hit harder 2 kicker solobarics 15's L7's in a ported box tuned at 38Hz with a Ma audio HK-1998 1200 watts rms on each 15. Or 4 audiobahn flame q 12's in a quad sealed box with a Ma Audio 1200 watt rms on 2 12's ans the other Ma Audio 1200 watt on the other 2 12's. Note that efficiency on Kicker S15L7 is 88.5db per sub and efficiency on Audiobahn Flame Q 12's is 96.4db per sub.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2545
well i would go kickers there in my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 373
kickers would be louder

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
between the larger woofer size (15 vs 12), square cone vs circular (again, more surface area), and most importantly, the kicker in ported compared to audiobahns sealed. going from ported to sealed almost acts the same as adding a woofer as far as spl goes. this is the logic behind my previous post

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
the two kickers sealed vs the four audiobahns sealed would be a closer comparo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yea I figured that I wasn't satisfied with them 4 12's in ma SS figured 4 12's wud bang harder than 2 15's because its more cone area but so I took em out I'ma sell em on ebay. And I just bought em in march.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1030
the flame q do not workgood on sealed they can get alot louder than the solo barics like in a ported box tuned to 35-38 hz with 3.5 cb ft per chamber with around 1000 rms , so if i were u ill go with flame q property intstalled they will kick kicker @ss even 2 can catch up with the l7's and the sq both do not have good sq but they are ok so like i said if u can go with ported box to the flame q it will be much better or alot louder if u have resonable power handling,
back in the day i had the l7's and i sold them didnt like them because it has horrible sq because of the shape, the corners of the sourround will not last too much because again the shape

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 550
2 flame Q's will not outperform 2 L7's in SPL.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1031
if we are talkin in the same size the flame q are capable of gettin real loud beileve me bro i dont wanna fight i own the flame q and i used to own the l7's i thinkthe 05 version the crome ones and dude they were pretty much the same, and i seen lot of people right here on local competition with flame q subwoofers makin around 145-150 db with only 2 12's and i see that so im 99.9% sure that can catch up i didnt said outperform i said catch up 2 12's and i said outperfomr with 4 12's and dude some audiobahns subwoofers are capable of gettin loud but not all of them like ethernals or inmortals i get consufed with those 2

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 366
definatly get a better amp then MA audio there over rated by a decent amount

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
how you know that mat dope? what about audiobahn 1800d says 1800x1 rms @ 1 ohm MA Audio says 1200 RMS @ 1 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
because MA amps have been known to put out less than their rated wattage. they are also looked upon as unreliable in the long run. they may get the job done right now for cheap, but thats about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
also, its possible that it may actually put out that power, but not likely with a clean , undistorted signal. remember you get what you pay for. high quality amps usualy run almost a dollar a watt. your looking about about $.10 a watt. ten fold.... think about it

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 374
so you're saying a kicker kx2500.1 is around $2500? lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
are you saying the same thing about audiobahn amps or are they better than MA Audio?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1033
YEAH IF U WANT TO HAVE GOOD CHEAP SOPER LOW AND LOUD BASS GO WITH 4 AW1206T'S AT CARDISCOUNTSTEREOS.COM
AND FIND A HIFONICS BX2006D AT SONICELECTRONIX

U WILL BE UNDERPOWERING BY HALF BUT I DID THAT AND THEY STILL SOUNDED LOUD BECAUSE OF THEIR EFFICIENCY BUT IF U BUY ONLY TWO 15'S AND WITH THAT AMP IT WILL BE ALOT BETTER BUT IF U PREFER 4 THESE AUDIOBAHSN WILL DO THE JOB NICELY OH AND HIFONICS ARE GOOD BUDGET AMPS THEY DONT PUT WAT THEY SAY BUT MORE THAN MA OR AUDIOBAHNS AMPS IT WILL PUSH YOU 1800-1900 I HAVE IN MY CAR NOW

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 425
Hi Rob,
I re-read your post, yeah I thought you said 2 q's would kick 2 7's azz, I misunderstood, you meant 4 q's against 2 7's. And your right, I agree with you, the q's would be louder.
I know how loud the Q's can get, a little more than most. I've played with them quite a bit. To the tune of a little over 151db on a TermLab with only 2 12's.
But, sub for sub, the L7's crush them in spl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us