Sealed Or Ported

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 38
I bought a pair of Kicker S15L5's and a Hifonics BXi1206d pushing 1200w rms @ 1 ohm. I need a sealed box because thats the only way the subs will fit in my car. A friend told me the L5's are going to either rip or blow in no time because of the sealed box. A ported box wont fit in my trunk, and these speakers cost me $700 for the pair, so ne suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 530
not true, read the manual that came with em or go to kickers website. they give you plans for a sealed box. Ya if the sealed box was a leaking pile of particle board, then you could have problems.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7663
"and these speakers cost me $700 for the pair"

where did u get them from, u got ripped, big time

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 534
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-SoloBaric-12-Subwoofers-in-Vented-Enc losure-06DS12L52-/sem/rpsm/oid/148340/catOid/-13093/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 39
I got them at Hardcore Audio. they dont carry 15" speakers, so i had to have them ordered. i did get ripped because i just found a pair for 450 at da flea market.

And marc... i have S15L5 4 ohm dvc.

Circuit city told me they would make a box but it would cost about $400. I found a box that will fit for $54, but itz tiny. 16.5/34/13.5 crazy small. IDK wut to do. should i get this tiny box? or should i go for the custom box specifically for my car?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 793
Kickers are small space speakers, my friend had a 12L7 in like a .75 cubic foot box and it sounded hella good, just put some plyfill in the box and you'll be good

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 570
If you can design a box, take the plans to a cabinet shop, they will charge about half of that. Unfinished 3/4 mdf. Or make it yourself

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 405
or, better yet, take alil visit to klausaudio.com . good custom subwoofer enclosure manufacturer at a good price. i think i paid like 120 shipped for my 1.9 cu. ft. slot vented enclosure tuned to 32 Hz for my RE SX12.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us