Running 2 ohm and 4 ohm from the same amp.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 363
Would I be able to run 2 ohm INFINITY KAPPA 60.7CS 6.5" COMPONENTS and 4 ohm Alpine Type S Coaxails from my Alpine MRV-340 4 channel amp. It gives out 55 RMS at 4 ohms and 65 RMS at 2 ohms.
Would my amp automatically give the infinitys 65 watts? or would i have to do some rewiring?

Right now I have 4 ohm infinity coaxails where i want to put the 2 ohm KAPPA 60.7CS 6.5" COMPONENTS.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 340
if you put the infinitys on channels 1 and 2 it will see a two ohm load and then put the type s on channels 3 and 4 and it will see a 4 ohm load. so channels 1 and 2 you get 65rms 3 and 4 55

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 341
if you put the infinitys on channels 1 and 2 it will see a two ohm load and then put the type s on channels 3 and 4 and it will see a 4 ohm load. so channels 1 and 2 you get 65rms 3 and 4 55

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 118
you should be fine. As long as your speaker\load ohms are higher then your amps minimum ohm rating ex. Channel is rated at 2ohms min. but bridged is 4ohm min. you can connect it to the channel not bridged and still get the 4ohms just not as much power as if it was bridged at 4ohms. you follow?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us