Question for Kyle

Silver Member
Username: Lowrollins10

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 153
Hey Kyle how do the TC drivers like the 15TC3000 compare to other drivers like JL RE AA or any other brands out there? I see your site does not have box specs what does the 15" require for car use?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 850
The 15" tc3000 would compare to the old RE XXX, Havoc, maybe a treo ssi or tsx. eclipse titanium. probaly would out do a W7 in spl.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 851
Great sub. Excellent mix of SQ and SPL. That sub will get very loud, and souund amazing as well. TC sounds makes alot of drivers for high end audio companies. Like SVS, which makes very nice HT subs.

Silver Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 154
so its a decent sub for the price? I have had my eyes set on a Crystal Comp X215 but I am still looking.. would the TC 3000 be better in terms SQ and still be loud?

Silver Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 156
how would you wire 2 15's with the quad 1 OHM wiring? what would the load be for my amp?

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 853
I honestly don't know which would be louder. I would put my money on the TC Sounds tc3000 being very underated. I'm sure it could handle 1500 plus daily. IMO the TC sounds driver is a better driver. I believe it will sound better and possibly get louder. The x215 is also a great woofer. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I am just partial to the TC.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 854
You could wire them to 4,1,.25 ohms apiece. the two combined could be wire to 8,2,.5,.125, ohms. I would get two 1 ohm stable amps and run a woofer on each. Or one big 2ohm stable amp and wire to that. Like a kicker kx2500.1, or a pair of kx 1200.1s.

Silver Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 158
I would be running it with a MMATS amp like their D1100.1 or their D3500.1

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 855
Well if the dd3500.2 is 3500watts at 2 ohms then that would be the best option. But you will def need a H/O alternator and extra batteries. and that will cost you around 1000 dollars to upgrade your electrical system. If the amps run at 1 ohm, then go for the 1100d's .

Silver Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 159
I already have a better elec system for my air bag suspension I have 2 Air Zenith compressors to feed in the back. SO electrical is not a problem with a 250 amp alt and 2 yellow optimas.

Username: Remotia

Post Number: 9
Matt, thanks for the interest in our new subs. The TC-3000 is priced to be incredibly competitive in my opinion. It should rival most subs costing 600-1000 dollars a driver, especially with the new retail prices floating around from one particular unnamed company. We have been an OEM for a very long time and have made drivers for a huge number of both home audio and car audio manufactures. I can assure you our drivers are priced to make the competition... well.. i better not say it. Lets just say not many companies actually make their own drivers. It's a matter of capacity and capital and experience. We have our own custom built magnetizers that can magnetize over 10" wide ferrite and even neodymium. On a full production scale we can make anywhere from 2000 to 5000 drivers pre month and very large companies typically contract with us to have us design and built their speakers. These prices are factory direct so they should be about 50% of what you would pay for a comparable driver from a dealer, and rival even those deals on eBay that come without warranties.

Our own line of subs are new and we have lot of reputation to build, but we have a lot of new products to throw your way yet. I suspect the car audio crowd is going to love the new TC-5200's which would rival drivers exceeding 1500-2000 dollars.

If you have any interest please stop by our forums, and at least say hi or bookmark it.

http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php

We're postings news often in the forums on new products and information.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us