DLS UR's....or DLS Iridium?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3710
I Have heard the Iridiums.....in about 3 diff. cars, and they sound absolutely incredible to me.

My question is.....What is the Diff. between the DLS UR and the Iridiums.....that Sandwich Honey-comb Cone looks pretty impressive, and i know they are cheaper than the Iridium's.

anybody have any subjective or opinionated data they would like to share? :-):-):-)

Thanks a lot guys!!

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1144
its a pretty big step in the 2 ways. and a huge step in the 3 ways from what ive heard. i like the iridiums alot, which you already know so this thread is pointless.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2326
well, the UR's don't sound as good as my Rainbows. and the Iridiums don't sound as good as my Rainbows. thats the main difference. :-)

kidding, honestly don't know since i haven't heard either set. wish i could though.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 95
I haven't heard either of the two sets, but in my search for a good set of components I've read a few bad reviews (also a few good ones) on the ur6s, I don't know how reputable the source was, it was just some guy on a forum as far as I can remember. Apparently they distorted and weren't real good on the vocals.

From the sounds of things Jonathan's not real keen on the Iridium 6.2's, but does like the 6.3's. I'm in the market for a similar set, but nowhere around me sells DLS, so if you get some, let me know how you like em :-)

Were the sets you heard the 3-ways?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3712
yes.:-) 1 set was in a Dodge Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel, the shop owners truck. Another set was in a Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab, a friend of his. and the other one was in a Ford Explorer, guy that helped out at the shop like me. He has a set in his Civic, that he won with, but i never heard those.

and they were absolutely INCREDIBLE.
They were installed by the guy that won the 2003 Iasca World Championship too....same guy i will be getting mine from.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 247
And Rainbows don't sound as good as Genesis:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3717
haha. thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2334
never heard Genesis, so i can't say.

Muddy, you know sound is subjective. so get what you like. just remember that the install can make or break a nice set of speakers. i don't think you'd be dissappointed with either brand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us