Inifity speakers

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 359
I was curriouse i installed new speakers and they dont seem to be any better then stock... im guessing id really need an amp to the 180rms speakers to get them sounding nice? Also could i just add tweaters but adding a splitter to the wires and doubling up?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 360
http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF6002I

these are the speakers they have their own tweeter im not shore why they arent working so well i have a 50X4 watt panasonic head unit aswell so it shouldnt be that bad right?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 248
Panasonic 4x50 is not really 4x50:-) Pull it out and look at the fuse - it's not more than 10 amps. The RMS on that HU is prob about 4x18W.

GET AN AMP.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 342
definatly get an amp if you want them to sound better. you can just use a wire splitter to run the tweeters and driver it will blow your tweets because theyll get low fequencys.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1152
First off, they're NOT 180 RMS!! Do not give them NEAR this much! :-) And when you're buying low end discount speakers, dont expect them to sound THAT much better than stock in the first place. :-)

Also - CarAudio - Maris is correct in that you're HU is probably putting out less than 20watts RMS. :-)

Mat Dope - these are coaxials. They'll only have one input, normally with an internal crossover. why would you use a splitter?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2268
you do not "need" and amp with the reference series, they will souind better, but not necessary. An as far as radios power, all is rated at amx and most all have a 10amp fuse in them. radios put out distorted power when turned past a certain volume anyway....

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 249
ty,

they WILL sound better with an amp (say 4x50 RMS), please don't give me that crap:-)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2280
maris, try reading what i wrote more before you comment like that, i stated that, and it is not necessary to use amp on the refernece series, depnds on the sound that a person wants. and i know about them, i ran them off an aftermaket radio, as well many other people on this forum.

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 255
My bad

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 372
Yes its 25RMSX4 thats what the specs are but i dont think anything is close to the number they put out. They are 180 Watts total. So an amp of about 350 watts should do the trick? It probably also matters waht Ohm the speakers are right?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 377
sorry i ment to say you CANT use a splitter to run tweets like caraudio asked if he could do in his initial post, becasue they will get the lower freq. and be destroyed

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 103
The RMS on those speakers is 60W so if you're only powering your fronts, then a 2 CH amp that puts out somewhere in the area of 100-150W RMS total, or 50-75 per chanel at 4ohms should suit you fine.

For low RMS, budget minded amps, the MTX MXA3002 or the Rockford Punch P3002 would probably work for you. You can get both cheaper on ebay and there are plenty of other options out there as well, especially if you're willing to spend a litte more money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us