What is the best subwoofer out there?

Username: Cutlass_man

Post Number: 2
I have been leaning to put 3 jl audio 12w1v1 in my olds cutlass 4dr. but now im thinking kickers, money has a limit im thinking 400 for subs, i already have a pioneer indash dvd/tv mounted and i dont know about amps yet, but my question is what will get me the most dbs w/o sounding like crap?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7620
ur gonna need more money

Post Number: 3
i can get 3 jl audio 12w1v1 for under 400 is that a good deal?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7621
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 181
not really.
do u want 3 subs?
or how many do u want?

Post Number: 4
and by that you mean? if you get get any sub out there what kind would you get? exact model plz

Post Number: 5
i think 3 subs would look cool in my custom box, holds 12'' already designed not made, but i can limit myself to 2 or 4 depending

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7623
so many subs.....lol

do u mean in ur price range *$400* or can i spend more money

do u have an electrical system upgrade??

Post Number: 7
a what???? im new @ this, also around the price range

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 892
JL 12w1's are like 120$ per sub at my shop so not that great of a deal. Ask for 2 JL 12w3v3 for 400$ and thats a decent deal.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7635
what is the goal of ur setup, spl, sq, sql,??? How much space do u have....How much money do u have total, for ur entire system??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i want to win db contest, have sound not crap, able to hear the song not just thumps you know? i already have security system, indash tv, wiring kit, i just need subs, amp, and ill make the box, prob a grand for subs alone and ill get the amp 2 match it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
chauncey your slackin on ur post...jk

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8102
"""i want to win db contest""" - LOL !

then ur budget should be like $4000 & NOT $400.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
just local db, right now the highest is 149.2

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 412
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1568312/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046/sret/1221121815214223216281210219214283214225220287218217218291222227 238297230227226233238247234235248239236
thats the best subwoofer out there, no?

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 182
you should get 3 assassins or how ever many you can fit only $75 bucks each. i have one and i love it keeps up with most of my friends that have 2 12's

Bronze Member
Username: Comeiwannalaya

Post Number: 42
a good sub for the money is diamond d9 10"'s or 12"'s

Bronze Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Post Number: 11
my personal openion would be to go with 2 jbl 12inch gti series subs they retail about 700 each but if you look on ebay you can find them for about 200

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1836
look into ascendant audio, they make great subs and are pretty cheap, i'd look into 2 arsenals or 1 havoc.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7702
"thats the best subwoofer out there, no?"

Nope,, not even close,

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 910
I would look into maybe about 460$ and get two RL-p from Soundsplinter that will get you close to what you want. Good low end, nice SQ, and with the right enclosure can be competitive in the lanes but 149db is a tough number to get....its not that easy, you'll need to spend more money on other things like SPL-tuned enclosure and the electrical system too.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 372
brodey hanson,
okay, it looks like we got this narrowed down to a grand for subs that can do 150 db. now, your gunna need another grand, at least, for an amp/s to push these, and another $500 for high output alternator,upgraded big 3 wiring, and upgraded battery. now we're lookin at $2500 for everything. still doable? if so, then look into the following brands of subs . elevation audio (execution), digital designs ( almost any of theres), ascendant audio (havoc), treo, crystal, sound slpinter. As for amps, start a thread in the amp section. and for the box, unless its sealed, im not sure how you are with calculating port size and tuning frequency and building braces for it, but building the right enclosure for a 150 dbs is crucial.im actually tired of people on here demanding everything be handed to them right now. we'll lead you in the right direction, but its ur job to do the hunting and searching for sh!t. good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1964
hey ill sell you my dd 9512 for lets say 550 lol your not gonna beat 149.2 with your budget unless you do one hell of a install

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 375
brodney you seem to be fond of jl, screw the w1's and get 2 w3's they sound good and they will get plenty loud enough. everbody on this thread is nameing 30 different types of subs dat you prob never even heard of,
jus keep it simple. i dont know if you will hit 149 with the w3' but i'm sure you will like them. dont forget about amps they cost a pretty penny to.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7712
"i dont know if you will hit 149 with the w3' but i'm sure you will like them."

U will not like them......nice subs, but u want it loud.. and they will get no where close to the spl u crave...

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 555
Go to a local show, see and hear what other ppl are using and you might see something you like. Also talk to ppl there about Off brand suggestions. There were some good ones^^^^^. Sorry i cant make a suggestion cause I still dont know my bass from my elbow Lol

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1176
Heh.. Sound good - on a budget, AND be reasonably priced? Sorry. Most comp cars are tuned to 50hz+, which is really not that great for music..

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 101
I want to win some Comps. too.... :-( i already spent well over 4000 and still arent confident enough to try to win....

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 396
then your best bet is to have two enclosures for your subs, one for comps and one for daily driving. soooo much is dependant on the enclosure at a comp. it almost has to be a one note wonder to do very well, usually tuned fairly high.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us