Will my speakers fit

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 305
i want to get some pold audio mmc6500's but i don't know if they will fit. my stock speakers are 5 1/4" but crutchfield says they will fit my car. but cardomain says they won't fit my car, wtf?

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 308
also, what are some other good components that are 5.25" or 6.5" that fit in a acura 2001 tl3.2? budget is about $200. thx

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 92
I've yet to find any of those fit guides that are 100% accurate, and often the lack of fit is due to something that's easily fixed or because you're up-sizing your stock speakers. I went from stock 4x6 to Polk db5250 5.25 comps in my '04 Grand Am and those guides were useless because they don't offer what WILL fit with the use of a bracket or other simple mod, only what DOES fit directly into the stock location. I will say though, that a lot of the time aftermarket tweeters won't fit in stock tweeter locations without a little bit of cutting or other form of modding. I had to remove the stock mounting clips and use some silicone to get my tweets in. The only other thing to worry about is the mounting depth on your woofer and for that, I found the best way to get information was to go on message boards dedicated specifically to my car and take a look around or ask what experiences other people had. Here are a couple Acura forums you may want to look around at:

Acurazine, TL Community
Honda-acura.net, Vigor, TL and CL Forum

In terms of your speaker choice though, I think those Momos will work out well for you. I'm very happy with my DBs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us