Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 502
I just picked up my amp from the repair shop. Third time. Its a kenwood X811D
First time, bad ground and cap.
2nd time, wouldnt shut off,
3rd time , same as number 2.
So, my amp has some internall short, bypass, When it is turned off by rem wire it look like its off, but still consumes juice, killing Battery overnight.The amp works fine otherwise. So, any ideas?
1, sell it? (shop offered my $80)
2, wire in a home curcuit breaker, 30Amp on the ground wire. (pain to turn it on/ off all the time)?
3, use some solonid from a car starter and a relay as the switch?
4????? Anybody have Ideas.
I need a amp stable at 1ohm to push a DVC L7 Duel 2ohm coils at 1000wrms. Money is a tight cause of all the cash I spent recently on stuff. So I would like to use this amp for a while till I soften up the wife. I have my eyes on a menphis for September.

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 31
then if youve got 250 get that mbquart its at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=1&Manufactur erID=624
i called like three local audio shops and they were sayin theyd sell it to me fa $750. thats a steal. man if youve got 250 get it free shipping too. ask Rovin he had one hooked up in his van

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
and if you want to resell it, you can get 250 for it on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 872
thats how much that amp cost now 250...it was a 800$....not now because its discontinued.....n it is 10X better than that Kendwood.....Yeah n ask Rovin......he has 1......I have that amp too....n a freind of mine....n belive me it has power im running it at 500rms not the Full 1000rms....can wait till i get it hooked up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
yea im waitin for my money back from the worst dealer ever. millionbuy.com. i bought two p.o.s power acoustik plasma sphere amps and they blew the first day and have waited nearly two months to get my money back and still have not gotten it. i should make a thread on why not to buy from millionbuy.com. but i am definitley gonna get that mb quart once i get my money back. not worth 800 but defintley worth 250

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 876
well im just sayin thats how much it cost...i wouldnt personally spend that but thats whut it used to cost to own....but get that amp...hope u luck goes good n it fall through right

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 505
????

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 506
So, no ideas on the switch thing any one? Like I said , a new amp is not in the mix till sept. so I need to Switch this one on/off for now, I hate to sell it cause it works, but its only worth 50-80 in this conditon. I am taking a beating on it, Paid 225 in Jan. So i would like to use it for the summer but need SWITCH IDEAS...

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 508
Well got it sorted. I got a 150 amp curcuit breaker. One of those in line ones so it takes the 4awg. So I got the thing up and wired to the L7, and all I can say is "Stupid Kenwood amp" I really got to get a new amp. Even wired it to a 1 ohm, I still want more bass. I gohta reserch a good amp now to power it properly.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 73
you ought of get a whole new set up. you have nothing but kenwood and optimous? and you say it cost you two grand LOL. you could of got a system 3 times louder than youre current one......

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 509
Well im open to suggestions. I allready ditched one optimus amp for a zapco AG 200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us