Questions for Seth

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 92
I think am going to take some of your advice on the midbass rearfill. I have another couple question though. I have a set of polk sr6500's that I am going to put in the doors of my ext. cab s-10. I also have dash speakers that are 4x6 that i was going to replace with some polk 4x6's. I also have 6.5" rear speakers that I am going to replace with the midbass(I don't know what kind yet). The subs are 2 jl 12w6v2's. My questions are should I replace the 4x6's if so should I amp them. And in such a small cab should I replace the rear 6.5's with the midbass since they are so close to the subs? and also if I do replace them should I amp those? sorry for all the questions.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1132
Well, the lower the frequency, the less directional the sound really is.. As long as the midbass driver isnt playing the same frequency as the subs, it should sound EXCELLENT, especially in a small cabin.

And you should definately replace, and get an amp for your 4x6's, this will give you a very nice front stage, and you'll have your rear-fill midbass picking up the slack where your frontstage is not very strong. Also, having dedicated midbass woofers (Do NOT do what was suggested by someone in the other thread, and just get coaxials and snip the leads to the tweet) that are made to play specifically in the 80hz-250hz range, also allows you to turn up your HPF on the front stage, letting more power go to the frequencies they excel at.

Most dedicated midwoofers also come with their own crossover, with both high and lowpass, and if not, the amps settings can take care of whichever one isnt included in the crossover.

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 93
Good deal. I really appreciate your help!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us