Sub amp problem...

Username: Frankthetank85

Post Number: 6
my subs are still working., they were tested with a battery on the pos and neg terminal. they are working. the amp that powers the subs is what is broken. the power light stays on until the volume is moved up, then the whole amp shuts down with a pop in the speakers. if i turn the radio off then on again the same thing happens. i dont know what other information i can give. i hope this helps a little more, because i truely need help. the subs are not the problem, it is my 2 channel sub amp. what could be wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1510
you could have them wired wrong... check ur ground and make sure ur power wire isnt pinched at all.

a common problem for this is that the "level" or gain on the amp is up to high. its not a volume knob and it should be set to the voltage output of your HU. how far to the right is ur level set?

Username: Cappo

Post Number: 1
Hi, new to this message board thing. I do have a question for anyone and everyone who would like to take a shot at it. I have installed a Sony CDX-M8810 and a set of 4 Infinity 4012i 4" 2way speakers on my Harley ultra Classic. Unfortunately, I am not getting the full rich sound I prefer. It distorts in the bass area when at high volumes. I can only use 4" speakers, and I was wondering how to get clearer richer, midrange and bass at the higher volume levels I need on a motorcycle. Do I need a power amp?, different speakers?, I am as green as they come when it comes to car or motorcycle audio. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks, Dolan

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 239
bdolan,

You would prob need a 4ch amp for 4x4" drivers, something like 4x50 or 4x100 watts RMS.
If you want pretty good bass out of 4" drivers you need something better than Infinity like Morel (for example). Morel Integra Ovation 4" would be a great choice, but they don't come cheap. Check them out at -
http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_pointspeakers_integra.html

For the amps, look at -

DLS
Arc Audio
Genesis
Zapco

DLS or Genesis would be a great choice, you can get a powerful amp with small dimensions. Also, DLS would be about 10 times easier to come by in the U.S. than the Genesis.

That stuff is not cheap so it will require a bit of money. Also, get it installed professionally.

Enjoy the music:-)

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 335
kevin, you should def try hooking your subs up to another amp, my old sh!tty audiobahns, were blown but still popped with a battery, if not check your grounds, amps fuses, main power, remote wire, ohm load
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us