Pre-out voltage?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 110
What is pre-out voltage, i kno its a setting on amps but i never actually knew what it did.?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1511
pre-out voltage is the setting on the HU. a good HU will have a pre-out voltage of 4v and others are 2v. you set ur gain on the amp according to the pre-out voltage on ur HU

Bronze Member
Username: Iravemp

Post Number: 15
so if you amp is 4 volts, i would be limited to 4volts or below hu?????

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 754
if your hu has 4v pre-outs, set your amps' gain at 4v to match your hu.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
thats not my question.. I have a 4volt amp but wont a new deck.. am i limited to 4 volts... meaning I cant get a 8volt hu?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 330
you can but here is the thing set your gains to 4 volts on amp. then never turn your HU volume up to half or youll fry your amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
which mean no.. I figured so, you know they should really make the amp with auto detect the voltage from your hu

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 113
ok so how can i figure out how many my HU is, and wahts considered the best??? i wouldnt be able to read the box or manual cuz i bought it of somebody.....

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 761
try going to the manufactures website and check out the specs there.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 114
RCA Preouts 1 (2V) is what my HU says, is the good, bad??

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 241
shamus,

If they made auto-detect voltage amps that would mean that the amp would always adjust to the voltage given from the HU to get the rated power, that would mean that it would always run at rated power so it would always be at MAX volume so to speak and you would not be able to turn your volume down:-)

Now, if we talk about the detection of max HU voltage then there are some great amps like Zapco, which have clipping detection lights so you can see when it's starting to clip, but it comes at a price:-)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 881
the mb quart raa-1000 has a clipping light on it....but i belive that MVR-545 an all the models in that line......have a digital display.that u can set the gains through...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us