HELP PLEASE-Which Amp,Eclipse or Memphis?

Username: Ironlung

Post Number: 1
I just got a question you guys might be able to help with----

I have 2 Sony Explods 12 in. Subs. I currently have a Jensun 600 watt amp. It sounds kind of shitty (it was given to me). I'm looking to by a brand new amp to go with the Subs. I was wondering should a go with a Eclipse amp or a Memphis amp. I havn't really heard anything about Memphis.

How do they compare?
Which one would you guys pick?
Is there a better amp than these 2?

Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2196
what voice coil are thos subs, if single 4 then you need an amp that is stable at 2 ohm max power.

Post Number: 3
I COULDN'T TELL YOU RIGHT OFF THE BAT, I WAS JUST WONDERING WHICH AMP YOU GUYS THINK WOULD SOUND BETTER BETWEEN THE 2?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 294
well, the subs wont help the SQ, but from my experience memphis is toatally sick their PR series would probably be great for those subs.
i dont know much about eclipse, cept they make good HU's

Post Number: 4
Thanks Troy, I have been hearing Memphis is a little bit better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2202
you need to know your sub voice coil setup before just choosing an amp...... i do think the Memphis amps are nice though. and if those are single 4ohm, you need to use the mcd series, not the PR series

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 297
ty, why would he need the mcd series?
those PRs will go all the way down to 1 ohm
anyway, i prolly wont buy anything but memphis again, till ive had everything theyve got then ill switch

Post Number: 5
its 4 ohms

Username: Sovietsunited

Burlington, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 3
well, im not to shure but, i use to have two 12" sony expload subs, and they where s***ty and dident have DVC's they had single VC's and they all way sounded like s**t, no matter what i did to them. but im not to shure

Gold Member

Post Number: 2203
then the lowest you can wire down to is a 2ohm load, theefore like i stated the MCD are rated for 2ohm max power, the PRD are rated for 1ohm max power......

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 300
well you could just get a bigger pr and it will be cheaper than the mcd, and it will run cooler, because its not at its minimum ohm load

Gold Member

Post Number: 2210
if that is the case, get the st series, better then PR series. you can get the 16-st1000 for reasonably cheap.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 302
im not sure about st ive never worked with it so yah thats prolly better

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 33
dude my friend has an old pair of memphis 10s in his car hooked up to an old 400.1 memphis amp and man that thing hits i swear it sounds twenty times better than my friends type R's hooked up to his 1000rms Alpine (MRD1000) amp. Get Memphis!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us