Rear Fill Question

Bronze Member
Username: Frshlkjuce

Post Number: 11
I need to replace my rear 6x9's. I have a set of focal polyglass 165's that used to be in my fronts (i now have polykev's). a few questions.

1. Tweeters/Crossovers or just the speaker (mono from what i understand)
2. Deck Power or use 2 channels of a 4 channel amp for rear fill? Would the deck power hurt the rear speakers (underpowered hurts a speaker from what I gather). I can get an orion 8004 for 169 (is that a good deal?) to power everything (sub is sep.)
3. I appreciate the help!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 325
unless you have people riding in the back often or want good sound for them when they are back there just have a nice set of speakers upfront and your sub and it should sound fine. thats how alot of people including myself have them set up. but you can run them off HU power and it wont damage them just dont turn them up to the point where they distort. try ikesoud.com for some really cheap amps

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1112
Actually, it's commonly midwoofers can help a lot as rear fill, but you must use woofers specifically designed for this. They help fill in the 80hz range to around the 250-300hz range, where subs cut off, but componets are generally still weak.

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 90
Sorry to jump into your thread Brig, but Seth makes a good point that I have never considered. Seth do you know if polk makes a midwoofer? I have sr6500 comp. in the front, but like Brig I have been looking to replace my refill.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3885
Try CDT, Image Dynamics for good rearfill midbass drivers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1119
I'm pretty fond of MB Quart midbass drivers, myself. And I'm not sure on if Polk makes a midbass driver or not, honestly, and dont want to answer incorrectly.

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 91
Cool, thanks guys!

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 866
i dont have much of a fronstage in my car...1 5.25 Xplod..(LOL)....with 2 6x9's n the 15....

those 6x9's do help alot with the 40-100hz range...its a considerable diff...with the 6x9's..i would say use them....but a midbass or a cheap 2 or 3 way 6x9 with the tinsel lead to the tweeter cut...that will works so u dont have to buy anything...when i get this Mrv 545...n better front stage my setup will b complete

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
damn 40hz my fault.....it just adds to it....sorta not like u can feel it...but it helps but i dont think its really 40hz i dont know just wanted 2 say that b4 sum 1 said sumthin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1130
Ugh. You should definately avoid having anything but your subs playing in the 40hz range. Having 6x9's, or 6.5", or any other size woofer playing bass frequencies, could actually lead to cancellation, and make your setup sound significantly worse.

Silver Member

Post Number: 875
welll......i turned th x over down to 20 n it was muddy then set it to 30hz with 24 roll n it sounds great......no cancellation at all....an its also turned down very low.....because it was just a little 2 loud....it is set on -9 instead of 0.....so they just help a little....belive it sounds good

Gold Member

Post Number: 1137
How can you be certain there's no cancellation going on, just wondering? You really might want to try to set it to around at least 70 hZ, and see how it sounds, if you have decent subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
well...i reversed the polarity of the subs....n noticed considerable cancellation....so i turn it the other way it it sounded find....thats how i know....and at 50+ it doesnt sound right at all.....so i leave it at 25-30
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us