Rainbow Profi Vanadium Speakers.:-O

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3647
I see Brandon has a set of the three-ways.
How much were they??

anybody have any experience wiht any of the other Rainbow sets???

i would like to familiarize myslef with them.
My old Audioshop owner can get me a real good deal on a set of Rainbows...so i was just doing some research.

They sent him a set of the $10K pair right before he closed down....i got to hold them....very nice....but he still hasn't got around to installing them.

I pulled the MR 100 out of the box(tweeter) and the silk cone was bent in, i immediately ran to him and said "I didn't do it, it came out of the box like this!!!" lol and he put his mouth on it ans sucked the dent out and i was like wtf?? lol They are very nice....the nicest set of 3-ways i have ever seen. $10K is a little pricey for me haha.

Thanks guys.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3653
BuMpInG is so overrated but....i cant resist.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 235
Rainbow's are just so overpriced, it's not even funny:-)
Check this out -

http://www.genesiscaraudio.net

Gold Member

Post Number: 3654
i can get a really good deal on them....so the overpriced part doesn't matter. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3665
those Genesis amps are nice....but they would shut off with my Alt. lol
it runs like 15.2 at idle.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3666
and those R1 Tweeters are pretty impressive looking. i would love to hear them.....but back on subject!:-) lol

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2305
hey muddy, sorry i haven't been on in a couple days. been kinda busy and i got a xbox 360 yesterday, so that doesn't help, lol

i don't think rainbow is over priced. sounds like thats gonna turn into another people slamming a company's stuff because they can't afford it kinda thing.

i got the rainbows from a guy on caraudio.com's forums. hes an authorized dealer, one of only 2 in the US, and a great guy. really knows his stuff and is willing to help you out. won't say who or how much i got them for on here, but can tell you in a PM, IM or email just because i don't want it flying around the net. whatever you do, don't buy from speedsound. their stuff is 2002 models and they are totally different speakers from whats out now in 06.

but i have to say that i've never heard a better sounding set of speakers. i have the Profi Vanadium 3 ways. i got the vanadiums because they come with the cal26 titanium tweeters. i like hard domes due to the crisp detail, but don't like most hard domes because they are harsh. these are not harsh at all. crisp, clean and detailed all the way up to 20Khz. i never get out of the car with my ears ringing, lol. midrange is natural, midbass is amazing. crossovers give plenty of options for any install. they even have a "kick" model of the profi's and profi vanadiums if you want more mid bass.

the vanadiums also have alunimum cones instead of the paper ones the profi's have. not sure what kind of difference that makes. haven't heard both sets side by side. i'm sure he will answer any questions you may have if you decide to get a set from him.

let me know what else you wanna know. its kinda early, i'm tired, not sure if i got it all.

aim is theelfkeeper and email is the same at charter.net

btw, i'm powering them with a Zapco 350.2 reference series amp, 100 watts or so a side. pioneer premier 880PRS HU. and a Treo SSI 15, sealed, powered by a Zapco 750.2 reference series amp which isn't turned up much at all. EQ's set with with lap top and mic. killer SQ, great imaging, no complaints.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3678
sweet.:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 3679
i pm'ed you dude.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1128
a little off topic...but brandon how do you like the SSi in a sealed box? that is one of the best sub/amp combos out there...nice work.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2307
the SSI sealed is the way to go from what i hear. haven't tested in ported because i've always liked sealed better anyway.

SQ is killer. blends nicely with the Rainbows too. don't like a lot of bass, so the gains are turned way down, so i'm not pushing it hard at all, but its plenty for my tastes.

it'll get loud though and its prob just as loud as my old 13W7 with 2 500/1's setup i had a while back, but i haven't tested though.

Muddy, i'm about to send you a reply.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3681
gotcha bro:-):-)

i am also reg'd at Caraudioforum now.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3686
i think i am done looking at the Profi Vanadiums....just the Profi's now.....haha

i am a fan of silk dome tweeters.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us