For Chauncey

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1023
Hey, I have heard you say many times in here that someone actually benched the A8000T and it puts out it's rated power. I am just wondering who actually did that? And how do you go about benching an amp? Thanks bro.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8031
well i can answer ur ? if u dont mind - i remember it was the other Isaac who said he benched it -lol ...

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1024
haha, well the reason why I was asking is becuase I was at a car audio shop near me and I asked if they could benchtest my amp to see how much power it really put out. And they told me that you can't benchtest an amp to see how much power it puts out. I was like what?? I knew there was a way to do it, but they said there wasn't. They must be retarded!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8033
u know how that goes @ "an audio shop" when u ask a technical ? , they r like "eh !?" while giving u a blank stare & scratching their heads OR the guys who feel they know more than u will answer with a 110% attitude like "no it cant be done !"& "this is a better way" -lol

yea - i seen how some of these business ppl operate , they r only out 2 make a sale ......

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1025
LOL, you absolutely right! They are an Eclipse dealer and when I was asking questions about the Titanium they were like "we don't keep any in stock but we can order one for you". Then I was I like, yeah, I am going to be buying a 12" one from someone else. And they got the most disapointed look on there faces. And then I was like "and I am getting it for 250 shipped in a custom made box to eclipse specs, thats a pretty good deal isnt it" And the dude was like "uh yeah, thats ok, but you don't know what the guy...." and proceeded to tell me all the things the guy selling it to me could be doing to rip me off.

The guy I bought it from bought it from an Eclipse authorized dealer 5 monthes ago for $500 and they made the box for him too. Then this guy was like, "oh, well it could have been old stock like from 3 years ago." HAHA! I was just like whatever and left.

I can't wait to get my Ti though, it is gonna be awesome baby!!! I'll probably have pics of my setup when I get it all together in my new car. Well used car, but new to me! lol.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1424
it'll be nice
post pics

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1026
The only thing that I am a little concered about it under powering it. I have an amp that puts out roughly ~700 wmrs, and the Ti is 750 wrms. Will I get full excursion? I want all 38.1 mm of that shit. LOL. :P

Does anyone else on here have a Ti? What would say about this power issue?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1427
50 watts really is nothing. not a huge diff. u will still get somewhere around that excursion... why do u want that much anyways. lol

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1027
That much excursion? Thats what that Xmax of the Ti 12" is, 1.5" or 38.1 mm. If I get full excursion I should be getting the most out of the sub, and that is my goal.

BTW, I won't have it untill like Thurs. next week. Anyway here is a pic of it. Does it look like a 2005 model? It should be.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5929
the TI is rated per VC so its 1500rms, there is a guy on here who has one and loves it. I think his name is eclipseTI or something like that.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1429
i didnt mean "that much" by that much. i just wanted to know why u want to know the excursion? i say, if it sounds good, that i like it

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1028
James I thought that is was rated 750 watts RMS and 1500 watts music. Something like that. I didn't know what that meant.

So you think that I will be really underpowering it?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1430
is the rms is 1500 and ur givin it 700, then yes. lol

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 656
i think that isaac bench tested it, and he said that it was cool for temperature problems

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7391
ok im here.lol, i see u guys ran with the thread without me.lol

Anywho, isaac i really would suggest u talk to the dealer where u bought ur ti from, and ask him will the warrenty cover me if i send the TI 1500rms....If he says sure, then buy a bigger amp....

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1029
lol Chauncey, I didn't buy it from a dealer. I bought it from a guy who bought it from a dealer. I don't think that the warranty will transfer to me, will it? I can ask the guy to send the recipets and stuff with if he has them, if it will do any good.

Look at the power rating here:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2003

Whatever Music Power Handling is?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7399
One reason I say talk to a dealer is because, when i had my Brahma's the rms was 1600rms, but that was just the vc thermal handling power, needless to say i blew that b!tch fast....lol

I talked to a dealer, and he said just send it 600-800rms and it will be fine....so i take it with all the confusion better safe then sorry....Also since ur not sure if u have the warranty,, call them.....

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1030
Yeah, I did talk to an Eclipse dealer and they said that I should be ok with my ~700-750 wrms. I guess that the "music power hendling" must be something like the thermal rating like your Brahma.

In the future I might look for something a little more powerful. I'll have to make the judgement call once I hook it up.

The dude I am selling it from is also selling a Memphis 1000D that he used to power it. I think he will give it to me for $200. I have never used Memphis stuff, but I have heard it is decent equipment. Is this a good deal for that amp? I would really have to scrape some cash together to get it though....

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1443
its a good deal. i have heard that amp is a very powerful 1000 watt amp

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1032
Yeah, it sounds really tempting. But I really am strapped for cash, like I said I just bought a car. Plus if I get that amp I would need to upgrade my alt. Which will cost me another 110 bucks. Oh crap, decisions, decisions.... :-(

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7406
u could get a audioburn A8000T or A8002T, both are like $120 shipped on ebay....

but if u bought the memphis, the resale would be great $250-$275, i would get the memphis

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1034
I would never buy a Audiobahn amp ever. That's just me, I like quality. I'll keep my Xtant that puts out a little less power over a Audioburn with a little more power ANYDAY.

I wish I had the money for the Memphis..... I suppose I could alway buy it and resell it, like you say. On ebay they are going for like 300 and more.

HOLD THE PHONE! I just realized the Memphis does 1000 wmrs @ 1 ohm! And 600 wmrs @ 2 ohms. That means he was only giving the sub 600 watts too! So that really isn't even a very good match for the sub. The only reason I would buy it now would be to resell it.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7408
so the TI is a dvc 4ohm sub???

If u dont buy it, i will buy it from him...lol.

If i where u i would buy it use it for a while until i could save up and get something that i wanted...

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1038
Yeah, the Ti us DVC 4 ohm.

If you want to buy the amp I can refer you to him. He will sell the Memphis 1000D for 210 shipped plus he told me that he would through in a 1 Farad cap.

Anyway, he also told me that he was only running at 2 ohms so it was getting about 600-700 wrms, I;m assuming the Memphis is somewhat underated. Even then he said it POUNDED! So my amp does like 750 wrms, so I should be good. My guess woul dbe then that the RMS of the Ti really is 750 and 1500 would be the thermal rating for the voice coils.

Bronze Member
Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 84
how much do you thinnk that memphis is underated by?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 284
memphis IS NOT underrated, it puts out 1100 rms at listening volume, PLAYING WHATCHA KNOW, not even a good bass song, im running at 1.5 ohms and it 1100 rms

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7427
i think that memphis has 4x40 amp fuses, so it could easily put out 1400-1500rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us