System Clipping/Cuts Off?

Bronze Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 43
I couldn't think of a description for this problem, but I will begin with the set-up I have in my car.

In the front I have Infinity Reference 5/4 Components and in the back I have two Clarion 6x9 SR's....wired to a 500/5 JL Audio Amp....subwoofer Rockford Punch P2 12' in a ported box...with cap.

This clipping/or cutting off i am referring to happens like this...at various volumes the speakers get real low in volume and then come back on to its original volume level...this even happens when I hit bumps. The things is this is not a continued event, this happens every so often and then stops. I do not know if the system is clipping or what, my amp has a clipping light and it would of indicated that and also my amp is barely hot at all. Can someone please advise me on what to do about this? Are there wires loose? Maybe it is not properly grounded? I have no clue...plz help. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 437
"Are there wires loose? Maybe it is not properly grounded?"
Good place to start checking.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2297
i had the same problem with my JL 300/2 fadeing in and out and it was because i had 8 gague wire on it. i uped it to 4gague and it was fine. the wire was basically choaking the amp.

if you set the gains like JL reccomends, you won't have a clipping problem.

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 45
Ok, I have regrounded my ground wire and also checked most of the wires except the wiries in the door for comps. I guess I can tune it to JL's reccomendations and see wha happeneds any other ideas. Thanks for the responses so far, it is greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 46
u got loose wiring probly coz if u pull apart a speaker and the wire for it is sitting on it it will go ..@!$#@%^$% wen the bass coms

Bronze Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 46
bumpity bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us