New speaker wiring

Username: Nycxice13

Post Number: 1
I have a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder with the Bose system. Right now I have my new speakers hooked up to the stock amplifiers. What I want to do is run all new speaker wiring from the HU back. Can someone tell me which wire is which speaker or just give me some general help, never done speaker wires before.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 297
what exactly are you trying to do? you dont need to upgrade your stock speaker wiring. if your going to put in new amps for you speakers thats when you put in new wiring and it goes from the speakers to the amp. then the head unit sends the amp the music signal via rca cables...

Username: Nycxice13

Post Number: 2
The thing is, there are factory amps in this car. thats what I want to get around.

Username: Maddcbl

Middlesex County, New Jersey US

Post Number: 2
easiest thing to do is locate a radio wiring schematic for your year,make,model.maybe the dealer, probably a web site. your talking about wire coloring, that type of thing right?

an easier way to find out might be to find an aftermarket plug from an auto store, match the plug to your stock one(male to female). the harnesss has a color chart and tells you what is what. then you just splice your heart out!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2160
are you adding an amp to the internal speakers..

1998 Nissan Pathfinder Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Purple/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Green/White
Ground Gray
Illumination Pink/Black
Dimmer Pink/Green
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Red
Right Front (+) Brown
Right Front (-) Black/White