Everything ok, then suddenly no highs!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 87
I have a Pioneer deck (deh-p6400) mtx amp (340)
and alpine R components.

i start turning up the head unit, and everything gets loud, then all of a sudden, my tweets turn off, and all i get are mids and they kinda sound distorded (just a little) . If i turn back down the HU, my tweets come on again.

why is this happening?
I know i am not over powering them becuase my amp's gain is 1/2 up, and my HU goes up only 50-60%, and my frequencies are ok, and i am using the components' crossovers.

any suggestions would nbe great!

Thanks in Advance

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 802
tweet protection mode it sounds like. You'll need to adjust the gains on that amp cause it sounds like its giving out a dirty signal and its shutting it down.

Username: Maddcbl

Middlesex County, New Jersey US

Post Number: 4
crossover points too high man.
lower the gain and treble setting a little and that will do the trick

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 958
For starters I am not a fan of using HUs or amplifier crossovers. I preffer using passive crossovers instead of electronic variable ones too.

You mentioned that you are using the component crossovers, but it may be that your HU or amplifiers crossovers (if you are using them) may be cancelling out the signal.

Check your settings.

Sometimes it may seem that you have things wired up right and the fact may be that you may have them criss/crossed. Pay carefull atention to common wiring.

Some people even noticed that RCAs may malfunction if they do not make a true connection. Try twisting them clockwise so that if they are the adjustable type, they may be tightened up in the process.

Last but not least;

Capacitors and resistors are rated at certain voltages. Check the passive component crossovers to see what they are rated at(if you can). Chances are that they may be too weak to allow higher voltage running through them.

Here is where glasswolf may be of further help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us