Quick amp control questions.

Bronze Member
Username: Stnorris

Post Number: 71
I have an Audiobahn a8000t.

Question #1: I wanted to know a little more about the 0 - 180 degree phase shifter setting on amps?

Question #2: I wanted to know more about the subsonic setting on an amp, and also the 20 - 50 Hz for the subsonic.

Question #3: How much do think i should put my bass boost at; 0 - 18db?

Also...anyone else got this amp? cuz mine ran really hot after about 20 minutes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1173
i have that amp. it has never ran hot for me. i ran for 3 hours straight as pretty high volume too.

subsonic is wut ur box is tuned to (only touch if its ported)

bass boost is just preference.

are you talkin bout the x-over on the amp? LPF should be at 80 or around there

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 67
#1 Phase setting is used to get it "in line" with the comps, any dealer should be able to help you with that

#2 From one point subsonic filter is a good thing - it takes a lot of work for the amp to play those very low notes 15-30hz. So you could set the subsonic filter at about 30hz, so your amp fades out below 30hz and it will be easier for it to perform, well, depends on the slope for the subsonic too.

#3 Mainly cheap amps have bass boost option. It's prob at 50hz. If you crank it, it will make your amp really sweat. For +3db setting it will use 2 times more current to play those notes. I would leave it at 0.

It got hot because it's Audiobahn:-)
You get what you pay for. I used to have RF400.4 amp and I could cook eggs on it after about 20 minutes as well:-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1175
you set ur subsonic filter to what ur ported box is tuned to, not just be settin it at 30 or it will be off.

and ur amp shouldnt be runnin hot, my doesnt after long periods of time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
i had my dvc on my subs set up wrong. i changed it today, and the amp is running a lot better. maris doesnt know what hes talking about.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1176
^ glad u found the problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us