Isnt 1 Ohm Load Bad?????

Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
hello i am buying an Orion 2500d to power my 2 15's and it says the amp is running at 1 ohm.... i heard from people and i tend to belive.. with 1 ohm i am missing alotta music...and only hearing certain beats... is there ne whay to put they amp up to 2 ohm or 4 ohm or will it be ok and is all that stuff just not true? thanx people

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 596
leave it at 1ohm, you're not missing no music.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 851
if these "people you believe" are old-schoolers, they may not be aware that 1 ohm sub amps are not only available, but probably the most common high power sub amps being used these days.

If that's not the case then they just don't know what they're talking about.

Either way, YOU may need to start giving THEM advice.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 141
I have that same exact amp, now for your 2 15"s assuming they are 4ohm dual voice coil you have the option of only wiring them to 1ohm or 4ohm. As far as missing music? lol the only thing its doing is running more power to the subs because of lower resistnace. I guess if your subs are turned up alot they could get to the point were your music isnt going to be heard much but its still there.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1150
the main diff. is that when run ur amp @ 4 ohm, the amp runs cooler and not as much at 1 ohm. It realy doesnt matter if u wire it to a 1 ohm load or 4 ohm load because it all depends on the amount of watts and the load ur amp can handle. that is a fantastic amp and puts out 2500 @ 1 ohm, without even missin a beat (i'v never heard that before). there is no diff in loads, just wut ur amp can handle :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us