New System: Hatchback, need help.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 288
Alright, a friend of mine just got a 2002 Mercury Cougar. It's a hatchback, and the trunk is pretty big, a lil bigger than an eclipse. I've nevr put a system in a hatchback, so i was wanting to know what i should put in it. He said he wants me to pick it out and set it up for him. I think he has about 600 to spend at the moment, but he'll save up more. He wants it to be as loud as my 2 15 SSIs are right now, but i was tryin to tell him he dont want them that loud b/c i finally got a descent amp on them today and he got out at half volume b/c he said his ears were poppin. LOl. anyways, I was thinkin about maybe 1 18 ported and tuned low. or a havoc, possibly 2 15s or 2 12s. I dont know, let me know what yall think, he has stock charging system tho.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 289
BTW, anyone who hasnt seen my SSI install check it out and lemme know what you think plz. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/225017.html

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 292
bump...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7880
with a small budget of 600 u can easily rule out o havoc cause its $425 http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

maybe 1 15" arsenal & a nice JL 500/1 amp will do good ......

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 295
What are 2 15s that get Loud, but won't set you back to far, maybe around $400 for the pair.

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1044
I don't know, All I can tell you is 900rms with 2 12"'s in a car trunk and 400rms with 1 10" in a hatchback are VERY close to equal volumes. You are going to be suprised how loud it is if you get something equivelant to yours. My suggestion. Get a 600 watt rms class D amp. Orion, Kicker, MTX, Crossfire, Fosgate, anything along those lines. Put that to 1 15" sub, either an Arsenal, Eclipse, DD, or any other good sub and put that in a ported box and that would be SOO loud.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 347
I had a mercury tracer hatchback with 2 10" in a bandpass box and had it fireing tward the rear of the car I eventualy had to reseal the back window cause it was flexing about an inch

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 297
Well. I may just put my old L7 in it for him then, i still have the 5cu. box ported to about 32hz. Should be loud enough for him, b/c it was loud in my trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 703
you could get 2 12" arsenals and a hifonics 2000wrms amp off ebay for around 600.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1877
or you could just tell him to save up some more money and get a ho alt then get some nice equipment

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 299
How loud are the arsenals? Do they compare to the SSIs? The cougar is weird about parts, upgrading it would be expensive, so i think I'm going to try keep it around 1000rms, he wont have it turned up loud all the time, its mainly just for show to him, but if im profiting off of it, ill make sure to get what he wants done.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1880
so just get a 15" dd 2500 and a 850 watt amp to accompany it

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 734
so 2 type-'rs in a sealed box with a kicker 1200 in my hatchback camaro would be plenty loud?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us