I need help deciding

Bronze Member
Username: Gravytrain

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 49
the choices are...15" adire brahma extreme or a 15" cerwin vega stroker (old school). these are my 2 choices for my new system. i just cant decide which one to get...and by the way it will be going in my honda civic.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3419
Adire.:-)

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 51
i know the stroker will get very very loud but isnt too good for sq, but how does the brahma compare in both spl and sq?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3420
the Brahma's are very loud and one of the best SQL subwoofers around......although a lot of ppl say the MK 2 is better than the new one.

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 52
i mean i want loud but i still want to maintain as high of sq as possible

Gold Member

Post Number: 3421
just how loud do you want????

do you know what a real 150 dbs sounds like?

i guarantee a 15" Adire Brahma Extreme would be very loud. and maintain better SQ than any Stroker on the market:-)

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 54
i want to be able to hit 150 dbs...and yes i know what 150dbs sounds like...i hit 151.3 with 2 stroker 12's in my car and just today i heard 2 systems that where over 150.

the first car had 3 rockford t1 12's in the bed of an s10 with a cut through box. it hit 153dbs.

the second car had 3 rockford t2 15's in the bed of a ram 1500 also with a cut through box. this truck was crazy insane with power...i mean he had the amp mounted to the roof and the roof was welded with reinforcements and 2 sets of 6.5inch components in each door...i mean just overkill...but he hit 157dbs.

so yes i have heard a real 150+ dbs and i definitely liked it...lol...

oh yeah muddy....what is the purpose of a capacitor, because i keep hearing different things...yes i know that it doesnt add any power what so ever but what exactly does it do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3423
a cap is used to filter a/c ripple.....and can lend the amp a helping hand of instant power for spikes in current draw for bass hits.:-)

i am not trying to argue with you.....but you said you had a stock charging system in your car right? and you hit 151.3 with your 2 12" Strokers??

btw....what kind of meters were used for these setups?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3425
oh....and what amp did you have powering the strokers?

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 55
i have no idea what kind of meter they were using. the guy said that it was a $3000 meter and i can tell you that it wasnt exactly from radio shack...lol...and yes i hit 151.3 with a stock charging system but there is more to that story.

i first played the song what you know by T.I. and hit 149.6 but during my run, my radio cut out multiple times due to undervoltage. then i changed cds and played a 35hz test note and hit 151.3. the box i was using was 3.2 cubic feet and tuned to 35hz. now i a 5 fared capacitor hooked up to my directed 1500d and managed to hit 151.3. the subs are dual 4ohm voice coils so i have them wired to a 1ohm load on the amp and the amp pushes out 1500wrms at 1 ohm.

why is 151.3 so hard to believe out of 2 12" strokers? if put in the correct size box and tuned to the right frequency and if the song used is the correct frequency and the subs are given adequate power, why would they not be capable of hitting 151.3 dbs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3427
b/c i have heard a system that hit 152....and it looked like this....Upload
Upload
and it had wayyyyyy more than a stock charging system.

so i find it hard to believe tha you hit 151 on only 1500wRMS on a stock chraging system and that^^^^ system is running about 4000wRMS and does not have a stock charging system and you only hit 1 db lower.....i am not convinced....it just doesn't add up thats all. not only that, but your box is tuned to 35 hz....which is pretty low....and WAYYYYY to low for an underpowered stock electrical system to hit. that system up there hit 152 at like 47hz.....see what i mean??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7879
maybe he measured in the port or used an older mic ? .......

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7057
where was the mic located, dash, kick, port????

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 811
i bet it was in the port

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2824
:-) man, i dont even know where to start... but lets say u have NOT heard 150db!! PERIOD!

and the thing about u hittin 149.6 playing TI (MUSIC) was very funny... if its true, then u are not far from joining the 150 BASSRACE club, u should join that, cause its imposible for u to play music at 149, much less burp it for a few seconds...
espicelly with ur stuff.. not goin into detail, but thats all....

people in the 150 club drive suvs, and astro/caravans... they play music for 30seconds while hittin that score, so imagine what they burp, atleast 6db louder...

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 56
i understand completely so when i come across my results sheet ill post it for you...i dont blame you for being skeptical...not at all...because almost everyone that i show it too doesnt believe me until they hear it for themselves.

what would you say a reasonable number would be for my car??? maybe 147.6?

now as for the exact frequency that the box is tuned to i am not 100% sure because the entire system is one of my friends that i asked to barrow to shut up some punk kid that thought he was sweet sh!t...i am just going by what he told me for the specs of the box. so like i said when i find the results sheet i will post it and i will also post some pics of my car once i get my digital camera back from my sister.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3429
look man.....i am just going off of what i have heard and seen.

and i am telling you....that it is wayyyyy harder to hit 150 true dbs than just dropping your buddy's system into the back of your civic....with a stock charging system....that doesn't have enough power to drive that amp.

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 58
the mic was located between the dash and the floor about 3 inches away from the glovebox.

whatever...i didnt mean to have this be a bash fest on my system and how there is no way that it could ever hit 151 dbs in a honda civic with a stock charging system....but when i take some pics and find my results sheet i will post them for you....

so how about you actually answer my original question instead of calling me a liar....

what should i get the adire brahma extreme 15 or the cerwin vega stroker 15?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2825
Vega will be louder, yeild more spl... :-)
If u measure ur car again, ask about a TERMLAB mic... they will say they dont have one...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3430
THE ADIRE:-):-):-)

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 60
ok i found my spl sheet...
Upload
...so i hope this will help make some believers...

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7068
if they used the old mic, it could be up to 6dbs higher then what it actually was....And that is the weiredest spl sheet i have ever seen

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7069
Upload

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 61
sorry about the quality, but the first run says 149.6 and the second run says 151.3

also i will find out what kind of mic they use to measure, and i will take a picture of that and post it as well. if i can get the 2 strokers from my friend again i will take it to get metered and then post the pics so that way there is proof of the results!!!

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 62
ok...so you are saying that 151.3 could actually be 145.3 dB? why is there so much of a difference between the old version and the new version of the mic? and even so 145.3 dB's out of a honda civic with 2 12's is still pretty good.

well like i said i will take it again and take lots of pictures.

Bronze Member

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 63
so the does anyone else have an opinion on my original question???

which sub should i get a 15" Adire Brahma extreme or a 15" cerwin vega stroker?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us