What do i do

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 173
ok i have Kicker CompVR's. the wire from the voice coil on both subs broke off of one of the voice coils. where can i get them fixed cuz i got them on ebay. can i send them back to kicker and have them fix them? how much will it cost probably

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2408
take pics of the prob

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1072
Were they messed up when you got them?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 174
no it just happened like this week or somehting i noticed that they sounded alittle quieter and it sounded like the cone was smacking something but it was because they were running off of one voice coil. and i dont have a digital camera so i cant take pics of it. i need a new wire going from the voice coil into the cone of the sub. i guess i dont know thats why im here asking

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 290
Did you get a warranty of any kind? Did you buy from an authorized dealer or a private party? Call Kicker and see what they charge for out of warranty repairs. Or bring it somewhere local for a quote. Shouldnt be more then 40-50. Lastly, try to repair em yourself if you know how to solder.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 175
i have no warrenty whatsoever and i tried soldering them and it just fu.cked them up even more i think. the wires are completely freighed apart now so it looks like it needs new wires. is their any way you can take the sub apart and fix it or something? or what do i do?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 291
Call Kicker and see what they charge for out of warranty repairs. Or bring it somewhere local for a quote. Shouldnt be more then 40-50

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 176
since circuit city sells kicker, do you think they would fix it or send them back? or help me out in any way?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 292
BTW, I bought a L7 off ebay from an authorized dealer @ 01-15-06. I am waiting for my Third replacement from them. First one (10") just smoked at 500wrms, Second one (12") coils were rubbing, Sounded like poo poo at 1000wrms. Hoping the third one will be ok. Im glad I got the warranty.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 295
Unless you bought it from CC No. They will charge you to ship it, Have it fixed + handleing fees. Ship it your self or look in the phone book for a repair shop. Propobly listed under car Audio repair.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 177
i bought them from an ebay store so i dont know if theirs a warrenty or anything like that. and i dont know how i would find out. so dont go through CC just do it myself if im gonna ship it or anything? but try to find an audio repair store maybe? oh yeah i was thinkin could i use a 800 watt RMS SPL amp to power a 12W6?. ill get better stuff as i get more money so i have a kinda cheap amp for now

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 296
What ebay store did you buy from?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 178
dont know how do i find out. yeah im not good with computers and everything.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 297
Do you have a reciet? Credit card statement? PayPal account ? Ebay account? Your ebay account should tell you if you bought it off Ebay. Good luck.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 179
wait i remember now cuz i was lookin on ebay and remembered the place. IndoAudio. herd of them? know anything about them?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 299
Your Funked.....LOL

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 180
so im guessin they suckass? lol. its commin out of my pocket? lol. ok time to go put my old subs back in my car so i have bass atleast

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 433
lmao
BEWARE NOOBS:
indoaudio are scammers!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 300
Look , Indo claims a one year warranty, I would try to contact them,.............

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 181
fu,ck car audio. ive been doing it for years and ive learned one thing. if you want a sound system, be prepaired to fu,ck with it all the time cuz sh,its alwase going wrong and something alwase needs to be worked on.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 865
not if you do it right the first time and buy quality products

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 182
haha thats the problem. quality products. i thought kicker was a quality product but i guess i was wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 137
INDO AUDIO IS HORRIBLE!!!! I ordered an L7 on December 13, 2005 and I got it yesterday, 4-17-06. Thats 5 months and 3 days. They only shipped it because I got a lawyer involved. I wouldn't ship it back even if I did have the warranty. They told me I never shipped it to the even though I had the tracking number and everything. Do NOT buy from Indo Audio....EVER!!

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 138
....I had to ship my first one back because they didn't give me what I ordered. That's when they told me that they never got it.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 869
why would you get a lawyer involved for somethin that cost $200??

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 140
Didn't have to pay him. I know him and he called and talked to a "old friend" that lives somewhere in Cali. and the guy told them that he could file a civil suit on them and with the evidence (e-mails, tracking numbers etc.) they would lose. The next day, I got a tracking number for the return. I wouldn't have gone that far if I had to pay but it only took a couple phone calls and presto! People don't like the thought of court I guess.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1077
You could get a lawyer involved to find as many poor people that were ligitimatly Scamed. and Sue Sue Sue their fradulant ace's.

I do all my buying at Audiosavings they are great but only ship on wendsdays.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us