Setting up a amp bench?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1070
My dad recently opened a Auto repair/Body shop and attached to his garage there is a building with 4 seperate areas that he is only useing 2 of I was thinking of getting a little Auto Audio shop starting with a test bench.I am not really to make a lot of money I would just like to get more people aware of his shop and at the same time meet and help out my fellow bass heads.lol

I am just wondering what all I need (in detail please)

I would also like to be able to test in their vehicle so they can see what they are really pushing.

And would I need to take a class of some kind to be able to print out a birth sheet for peoples amps.
And what would be a common amount to charge for that service?
I was thinking ~5-10$ or less.

And this is kinda OT but does anyone know how hard it would be to become a Certified Distributor?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 288
Go to a shop that is set up and see what they are using.. Also charging. I wouldnt even look at the car yet touch it for under $40

Gold Member

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1073
There is no were to do that around where I live..
There is only places that will see if your amp will power on.

I want to start a little shop on my spare time because I am always there anyways. I just need to know what the things I need are so I can buy them.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 312
You would need a regulated power supply to output power for amps. Amp meter, Ohm meter, and a DMM ocillascope, some neon lights and semi clad women posters to start. Also you would need to know how to use the stuff. You wouldnt want to blow up other ppls amps, Would you? Oh maybe a fridge with some frosties in it to chill out the ppl when you smoke their stuff. It would also be good to have amps for sale in case you do kill someones amp. You wuld also need to know this stuff inside and out. As far as getting certified? No idea. Heres a site for homestudy courses to get the Know how.
http//www.metrohomestudy.com

Good luck

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1006
btw - you dont print out a birthsheet at any time other than when the amp is manufactured. ;) Hence it's name. But you could print out bench test results, of course.

Gold Member

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1087
Makes sense.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us