10w6v2- 12w6v2- 13w6v2 big difference...sq??

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 48
I am ready to buy (2) 12w6v2 subs off ebay and I made the mistake of looking at different sizes to see how much the 13.5's and a 10's are. It seems if I buy in a pair on ebay over all I would be spending an extra 100 bucks to go to the next size up My question....is it worth it? How much better output can I get? I am going sealed for sq.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2137
if in the proper boxes the SQ really won't differ between the different sizes. going a size up will mainly increase the SPL. the 13's will get a little lower then the 12's, but prob not that much. the 12's would be an excellent choice for SQ.

but since you are talking about eBay. i wouldn't order from Indoaudio or Americaudio. they are the same people and theres tons of complaints about them. they are the cheapest on ebay, but i don't think its worth the risk or trouble.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5883
Don't bail out on a ported enclosure just yet, the w6v2's sound excellent ported to JL specs which is 32hz. The output is much greater and the SQ is amazing.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5884
Don't bail out on a ported enclosure just yet, the w6v2's sound excellent ported to JL specs which is 32hz. The output is much greater and the SQ is amazing.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 863
i agree^

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 773
2 13w6v2 would be like the best of both worlds you would have very good SQ and plenty of low end output. and if you were gonna go w/ 12's you would more than likely need the 1000/1 or a 1000 watt amp so if you have the space and don't mind the little bit of extra doe then i would just go w/ the 13w6v2's.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 141
OH God, the w6 sounds sooo good in the HO box! Also don't order from Indo. I will never do it again. Took over 5 months to get my sub. w6's sound great though.

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 49
Thanks for the input guys. I will most likely go with the 12's. Not really going for spl. Listen to all rock music..tool, korn, linkin park. Need it to be tight. Will that kind of music sound good in a ported box or should I stick with the sealed?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us