Hows this look?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 199
i haven't done any measureing or anything, but i was thinking about this type of box.. would it work?Upload

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 155
where would you put the sub.... i think it would work as long as it had the right cf and tuning

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 202
i made the middle part a little long, but it would go just left of the port and that thing in the middle would be a little shorter... would i add the port cf to the total cf of the box or is the port sometehing on its own?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 209
BUMP

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 426
PUT SUM DIMENSIONS IN IT...WUT DID U TUNE TOO...WUT IS GOING IN IT...HOW MUCH CUFT ARE U DESIGNING IT FOR???

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2142
hes asking if you can bend the port around like that, thats not a finished bosx design.

the port area doesn't count towards the cubic feet of air space for the sub. you have to take the port area away. also sub displacement.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 210
ok, so im thinkin tunin it to 31Hz. and havin 1.2 cf for the sub before displacement... does that sound good? my JL 10w6v2's is going in the boxes, i'll make 2

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1136
Longer the box, straighter the port the better. You can bend ports but the fact is when doing so you create turbulance which can waste energy/sound output. Also remember, more you subject the sound to material by winding it around more saturated the walls will get causing an even further loss, mening the MDF will absorb some of the sound... Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1137
Meaning... :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us