Sub, Amp Selection

Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a hatchback here in India. I want to buy a pair of subs and an amp compatible with them to get a very tight and clear bass which just blow the near passerbyes. It should deliver a very high bass with a good sound quality. I've searched the net and found that only Alpine can do this. But not sure which brand should buy and which amp should buy.
Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 114
if u want tight bass go with alpine type X if u have it powered 12oowatts rms tuned to around 32 hertz in ported or in a sealed enclosure it would repond very tightly and very deep! I know cause i got a type X running 1300rms to it and it still can take more and get the orion 2500D that can handle 2 alpine X's

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7869
what brands are available to u guys in INDIA ? - cause i've talked to ppl over there on this forum & choices are very limited ....

Post Number: 2
Hello Rovin,
Here in India, there are several brands available. Like Sony Xplod, Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood. Not hear for any other brands. Ii is easy for me to buy an Alpine range. So please suggest me which amp should be bought and which sub pair should be bought.
Thanx

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 108
hmm try 2 swx-1242D's...n' 2 PDX-1.1000 amplifiers...but most likely to power both amplifiers you will have to upgrade your electrical system.

Post Number: 3
I thing I want to clear, here in India, we have to buy a hand made box for fitting sub. So if one knows, let me know the dimensions and the board quality to use. I mean we have to get a wooden board box for the purpose, the thickness of boards varies, as you all know. So please let me know that thickness and the dimensions.
Thanx again

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
^^ is if your just into alpine, otherwise check out ebay...and get an orion 2500D, and connect two swx-1242'd's to the 2500D(type x)

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
^^ is if your just into alpine, otherwise check out ebay...and get an orion 2500D, and connect two swx-1242'd's to the 2500D(type x)

Post Number: 4
hello,
thanx for kind advice. I want to know if I bought a pair of Alpine S type 1042d dual 4 ohm 10" subs, how much quality will I get? As the x are very expensive for me. They cost $500. I cant spend that much on just buying a pair of sub, as I still have to buy an amp.
Help me out

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7871
of those u listed in ur country alpine is best & id say pioneer 2nd

im guessing u all get mainly japanese/korean cars over there - whats in ur car's model ?
& how loud do u really like ur music ?

over 1/2 of my country is indian population so i know some about india ......

Post Number: 5
Rovin,
I have Skoda Octavia, a sedan. I want the loudness as when I cross in my car eery person should look at me. LOL. It should also shake the mirrors of the near by cars.
I mean I need a very loud music which surrounds better but not so much that one cannot sit in and hear music for a long period.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us