What do u all think of Sony Xplod

Username: Pittleague

Post Number: 6
would u all recomend buyin some sony xplods i heard that they are very under rated just because they are so much cheaper what do u all think of them

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7033
lol, worse subs ever

Post Number: 7
i heard that the 12in wasnt so bad

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1064
Oh no..

Not another newb.lol

In car audio you get what you pay for.

if you are very very poor then maybe.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7035
who did u hear this from, someone that worked for sony??????

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 177
actually, the p5 style subs aren't the worse subs ever. i had 2 12" in a q-logic box, ported, and they were pretty loud and low. they were better than my friends 2 10" alpine type e.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3402
Sony is by far one ofthe most overrated underbuilt subwoofers on the market.:-)

Take it from us.....stay away from sony.

Bronze Member
Username: Liljohn88

Post Number: 40
you'd be better off with a bazooka tube.

Post Number: 8
im just saying wat i heard, i didnt say i was gettin some. but i was lookin at the PIONEER TS-W306C 12" subs are they alright

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7036
nope

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 111
sony explodes suck they do what their name says explode!! lol!! alpine type S is even better at least get a type S then an explod, explods arnt even dual voice coil!

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 558
not the best by far. what's your budget for subs, someone can definately lead you in the right direction. also, you just shopping at walmart for your stuff?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7037
"arnt even dual voice coil!"

Alot of great subs are not

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 436
^^^BURN^^^

Post Number: 9
i just want some nice sound nice lowhard hitting beat just so every one can hear me u know just some nice hard hitting twelves nothing out of the norm. i say my budget is about $400

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7854
those Pioneer subs (which i had) r a good econo sub & do get pretty loud , not as good sound quality as others but not bad @ all 4 a beginner 1st low budget sub - i seen them quite cheap online & on ebay ....

Bronze Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 78
SOny isnt that bad i have a sony amp and 2 10inch sony subs i bough from walmart and its sounds good, and i love bass, but i am upgrading to newer and better stuff but hey if you dont got the money they not bad. i beat alot of systems at my school with my to walmart sony subs, people just dislike sony for no reason.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 559
$400 for just subs or that for the amp to?

you could get 2 12" assassins for about $190 while their still on sale

http://ascendantaudio.com/assassin_page.html

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1858
they dislike them cause they suck what have you exactly beat out some jensen's or pyle 's

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3404

quote:

i beat alot of systems at my school with my to walmart sony subs, people just dislike sony for no reason.

wow....people dislike sony b/c they make cheap unreliable, non-durable products....there amps are cheap and overrated....their subs are cheap and sound like d00d00....there HU's are crap and sound like crap.....they are an all around crappy car audio company....now T.V.'s...that's another story.:-)

and the people at your school that were beat by your system must have had like 4 6 X 9's running of an amp....that is the only way you could be beaten by a 2 12" Sony's. :-O:-O:-O

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
no i beat kids with, audiobahn,kenwood,fosgate, they don suck, i have got 2 tickets with them because of sound ordinance, there not that bad people think i got 12s but there just 2 10s maybe its because i have a hatch but it sounded pretty close to the kicker cvrs but there cvrs were a little underpowered

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 560
all under $400 and any of them would beat both the sony's and pioneers. and devin, i highly doubt xplodes sound pretty close to cvr's, no matter the setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-JL-AUDIO-12W3V2-D4-4-OHM-SUBWOOFERS-W3-V2-BRAND-NEW_W0QQit emZ9727299545QQcategoryZ39776QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-ALPINE-SWR-1242D-12-DVC-4-OHMS-1500W-SUBWOOFERS_W0QQit emZ9727962338QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Resonant-Engineering-12s-SE-RE_W0QQitemZ9727136365QQcategory Z18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7857
tru ^^ !

been said all their car audio stuff is crappy & only good 4 begginers or casual listeners

Now their OTHER manufactured stuff 4 home use like tvs/stereos/dvd players/ digital cameras etc & of course Ps 1&2 r all good stuff .....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7858
About SONY : been said all their car audio stuff is crappy & only good 4 beginners or casual listeners

Now their OTHER manufactured stuff 4 home use like tvs/stereos/dvd players/ digital cameras etc & of course Ps 1&2 r all good stuff .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
im not joking though, but the cvrs was runing off a sony 1200watt amp the put out 500rms so they cvrs were under powerd i went to circuit city and they let me put them in my car to see how they sound with my amp but i know the sonys are no ware near the cvrs. i wanna go some were and see wat they hit, where could i get it done at

Post Number: 10
so for my first subs wat is a good set up for me

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 561
devin, go to a real car audio store and have them metered, at most they might charge a few dollars.

jereme, whats your budget for the subs and what are you going for sq, sql, spl?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7859
alpine type R

kicker compvr

Arsenal - http://ascendantaudio.com/products.html

all will give u the best bang 4 $ ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
i'd either get kicker cvr's, ascendant audio assasins, or alpine type r's. all dual 2 ohm except for assains. power the two 12" subs with a audiobahn a8000t, except get the mb quart amp thats on sale at www.onlinecarstereo.com for the r's. put them each in a 1.25-1.75 cu ft ported enclosure tuned to 32-35hz.

You won't be dissapointed at all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
i am getting 2 kickers cvrs, should i get a audiobahn a8000t for these subs i heard audiobahn sucks or is that just there subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
that amp is not the best but it gets the job done nicely. a lot of people like that amp. it also looks pretty cool. it's just their subs that suck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
i can get that amp for 130$ thats a good price for 800rms isnt it, but you think thats better than getting a boss audio,kenwood,hifonics?

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
yes, hifonics are overrated but have fairly good build quality. the other two suck. that audiobahn is the best rms watt to dollar i have heard of

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
so what should i get the hifonics or audiobahn for my CVRs

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 495
Get tha CVR'S! Luv da CVR's!

NYPD-LAPD- (BURN) lol!!!

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 155
yep someone had a sheet were there amps were tested at 14 volts or something and they were overated.

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 121
get the hifonics amp... and how can you people be takin up for xplodes... my f@rts(the crap is that wont let me say f@art) sound better than them man and the people you beat with em must know about as much as you in car audio to be beat by xplodes my old 10" volf beat xplodes

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1033
Back to the sony discussion. Their build quality is very sub-par. My friend has 2 12" P5's and on Red Hot Chili Peppers the bass guitar sounds pretty good. Close to my arsenals, it is just in deep, accurate, and loud bass, and SQ at very high frequencies that Sony's suck at. So basically, almost everything. Although my first 2 subs were the old non p5 subs and they really did decent. They ran with Rockford Fosgate P1 and 2's. But that was about it.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 157
with a sony 250X2 they sound pretty good, im not gonna lie, almost anything is better, but youll probably be happy if youre truly asking this question, because your probably not going to be competeing, alexv305 put a pair of tens in a custom box and they sound sick, for sonys, not the best choice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us