Two 12in vs Two 15in....same brand....

Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 8
is there any downside to two 15's instead of two 12's besides the increase in price?

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 344
not really just the price and space

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 556
not really, depends on what you like. just remember goin with the 15"'s you need to make sure you have the space for them, and the extra power you'll need.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 120
The only things I can think of is they require more space and usually watts, and I'm not sure but I think the 12's will produce tighter bass

Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 9
thanks....im tryin to make a hard decision between getting two 12in or two 15in CVR's...or maybe if i have tha money two 12in CVX's....peace

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 113
the 12's will respond quicker to fast bass and have better SQ then the 15", 15's i think are too floopy, 12's are just right

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2958
That's my name.

BTW, i like 15s. a good 15 will outperform a 12.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1780
"15's i think are too floopy"
i bet you have never heard a good sq driver then, i know my 15inch atlas's pretty much destroy everything else sq wise, wether they are 8, 10, 12 or 13.5 inch subs, well atleast IMO they do.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1024
im going to agree with trevor eaton and dustin..its hard to beat a SQL 15.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1869
"have better SQ then the 15"

incorrect statement how can it have better sq it is the same motor if it is designed properly it wqill have the same sq but it will get lower

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1131
the 12's will respond quicker to fast bass and have better SQ then the 15", 15's i think are too floopy, 12's are just right

This is true IF the 15 is using the same motor structure under the same amount of power and this is only due to diaphram mass. I also love 15's and have owned many different brands of all sizes, 15's just have that magical sound to me. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 138
I'm with you guys too, alot of people laugh when I say I have a 15 because they all think it will sound horrible but most everyone is surprised when I show them what its all about. As long as the 15"s arent like straight spl, I think they still sound just as good as 12s and when it comes to lows they almost always sound better, agian this all depends on the sub make and type I know but in general 15's really dont sound that bad for sq or atleast sql .

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2836
thats like someone saying the xxx18 sounds like sh!t, cause its a 18...

if u have a 15 sharing a 12 motor, the 12 will sound better...
if u have a 18 sharing a 15 motor, the 15 will sound better..
u need a large sub, designed with its own motor...

Im pretty sure my 2 SSX 18s will sound amazing and get crazzy.. <<did i just let that out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us