Focked it up

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 223
i juss ripped apart my audiobahn immortal b/c i thought it was blown out so i wanted to see how black the VC was but when i took it out it was still copper ... then i put a wire strate to the VC and put it back in the magnet and i was lookin at it all close n put a battery to it and it wacked me in the face. guess i deserved it

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 157
damn.... that sucks LOL... how can you THINK a sub is blown? when a sub is blown isn't the rubber on the sides ripped?

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 273
no, not all the time most of the time the voice coil is burnt from over heating/abuse

Bronze Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 71
it will smell really bad first as the glue heats up and melts and stuff then will sound like crap and then its prolly blown

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 128
I thought one of my w3's might have been blown then I realized it was the dust cap. Silicon worked great. Now if I could get the amp to stop overheating.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
and sumtimes they will stink then never play again..i thought thas what happened but i just cook the little wires the come from the VC so there was no power passing threw...imma try to rig it back together with some gorilla glue

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1294
D you prolly just fried one of the terminal wires leading into the sub due to your map clipping. Same thing happend to me with a kicker sub and man I was ticked. Owell. I don't rip apart a sub now unless I know for sure the voice coil came apart or the sub is "frozen"

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 731
Wahl, does a sub "freeze" because the VC "welds" its self to the pole piece?

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
i checked it in every was prossible man...wasnt my amp or any external wires.it was the wire the comes outta the VC but still behind the dustcap

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
alright i unwrapped each wire once and tomarrow imma solder them back together n buy my some gorilla glue n try to put it all back together n see how she sounds..if it works imma try to member to hook it up at higher ohms.. last time it was at 0.5

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 509
lol, u got fu*ked up in the face by a voice coil,lol. JK

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 146
use the immortal basket as a lamp lol. like that one picture someone posted.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 521
lol i saw that pic too! That was a tight lamp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
lol.. thats another reason i was gunna take it apart for.. i saw that to.. but when i saw my coil was still good i decided juss to put it back togetyher n blow it for good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us