Whats best

Bronze Member
Username: Ciera_cutless

Post Number: 13
Ok guys whats the best 10" subs i can get? I was thinking about two alpine type Rs or Alpine Xs. But if there are better i would like to know.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 522
what are you going for, spl, sq? and what's your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
More spl and the budget prolly around 400 for each sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Oops 200-400$ on each sub.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 523
you can try kicker solo's, cvx's, have read great things on crystal subs so maybe a crystal comp, and you can try either re or treo, but from what everyone's been saying there prices have gone up alot so you'll have to call them to get prices cause i'm not sure of them.

you already have amps, or you buying them after the subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 96
get an R man they are loud. 1 12" or 2 12" type R would really slam in a ported box tuned to 35 or 36hz. A type X is great i have a type X they get really low and sound really loud 1 12" type R hitts close to 140 i know cause my friend had one i was sittin in my car beside him he played his sub a 12" type R gave out so much bass it felt like my subs were going trust me ud love a type R man i wouldnt kidd around!

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 524
exactly how do you know it's close to 140? you just guessing? just because it was loud when you sat in your friends car doesn't mean it's hitting close to 140.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Well ive heard some twelves BUT they where running off a RETARDED Sony amp But Type Rs are pretty cheap Plus im building my own box for them building one right now for my tens i got for the amp im just going to run an Alpine MRA-F350 Which i know sounds great on twelves but im prolly going to have two tweleves with there own amps which will prolly be Two MRA-F350

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7000
No knock on alpine, but i really dont like there subs

400 per sub look into some dd 3500's, or some Audioque Hd's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Im only paying 220 for one twelve so

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well 545$ for two tweleves and the box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
well 545$ for two tweleves and the box. Unless in want 15s then its about 620$ for them and the box

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7001
crystal cmp
ss rlp
aa arsenal
re se (if u can find them on ebay)

^^^All those would be better then any alpine i have ever heard, and i have heard all of the alpines they make....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Wow really Well all ive heard is alpines, Pheonix Gold, Some MTX and some other crap around so far Alpines the best in this town

Bronze Member
Username: Bmage29

IA USA

Post Number: 15
I love my alpine, got it about 3 wks ago, but blew my amp 1 wk ago.

I love it, I got a 1242D type R sub.
AWSOME!
Acording to the friend I bought it from (3 type Rs, now 2 type R's), it takes allot of abuse. (My friend pounds his subs near the peak every day)

Still, a type X would be better.

Just what I thought, but what do I know, not allot of expirience with subs yet.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7003
"Well all ive heard is alpines, Pheonix Gold, Some MTX and some other crap around so far Alpines the best in this town"

Well i will not be hard for u to be the best then...

"till, a type X would be better"

I would never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever get a type x. not worth it for the money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok thanks I will just grab a couple type R twelves and some I know they work well and they are cheap 250 for one new one

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 110
chauncey brwon why u hate alpine so much have u ever owned a type X or type R and worked them in first before deciding there good or not. Type X get really loud and go really deep. they sound ok at first brand new cause their stiff once u work them in man they sound a whole lot better. You prob just bought them played them brand new and said they sucked cause they were still stiff. man wait work them in for a month then u can decide if its good also giving them 1200watts rms is recomended. Type R is louudd. charles go with an X work it in for a month ud love it or if u wana save money go with an R they both are loud

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 543
i'll have to agree with chauncey on this, and yes i've heard both. the type x sucks for the money it costs. if you have to buy alpine get a pair of type r's, port them, and give them at least 600wrms and you'll be good. don't bother wasting your $ on a type x, for that much money you can get a lot better sub, and compared to the type r they suck.

also, $250 for a 12" r is a rip off, even bestbuy dont charge that much for them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Every where ive looked they are 400$ canadian 260$ american its cheap for me. Plus im getting twelevs for only about 200-220 thats with taxes so its cheap enough here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us