Tuning to 32hz

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 31
you guys talk about tuning boxes that low,so I guess thats when theyre the loudest.i like low stuff as much a yall but how do those boxes sound when little higher bass is played like 'grillz"by nelly.my box is tuned t 40hz and that is about the loudest song i can play.but "bass i love you'slams too,just not as loud.is that how a low tuned box is?it blows the windows out with late nite tip,but just sounds ok w/grillz,go dj and stuff like that?

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 355
rap sounds better tuned low mines @ 32hz an sounds go000o0od but iam goin 2 tune even lower

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2112
you tune low for SQ. if you want more SPL, tune higher. but you won't pick up any bass frequencies below the tuneing frequency. your car can also have an affect on certian frequencies.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 357
24hz wow sounds great an loud for daily driver but wont do in spl cause so low but sounds great

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1016
most rap is 40hz and above just so you guys know.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 735
A ported box plays note around tuning alot louder and any note above tuning a little louder. But if you drop below tuning the subs response rolls off very quickly. You can also damage the sub if you play note below tuning. the sub will essentially go free air. If you want pure SPL then you tune to the cars resonance frequency. If you want SQ then use a sealed box. For SQL, go ported tune between 25 and 35 hertz. my 2 cents.

Bronze Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 34
So if my box is tuned to 32hz, and I play a note at say 25hz I could be damaging my sub. I used to have my sub in a sealed box and it sounded great, but I wanted it to hit lower so I put it in a 32hz ported box and now it hits lower but my hi's sound like garf compared to what they did in the sealed box. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3380
Well.....it all depends on the sub.

I can play a 35 hz test tone in my car....and i can turn it all the way up....and it shakes my dashboard:-)............my box is tuned to 40hz. lol

I can play a 25hz tone, and turn it up about 3/4.....and the sub never bottoms out.

I remember talking to someone and it was on the subject of how the inside of a car can alter the tuning of your box....like lower it or smething to that effect....b/c a sub plays in a HT application essentially the same way it owuld if your trunk was open....but when you close the trunk....it decreases the amount of air the box has to play in.....something like that. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3381
wtf....it didn't bump it. lol :-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2382
lol thats cause u have a DD muddy...what numbers u putting up with that DD? also dont you have DD components? if so how do they sound SQ and SPL wise?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3383
i am not sure about the numbers...prob mid 130's....it is only a single 10". lol

I have DLS components....they sound incredible...a lot better than my stock one for sure. :-P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us