Some good old SQL

Bronze Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 28
what would be the best setup for some nice sql, there is about $800 limit on subs and amp, beacuse i spent 200 on the HU and need about another 100 for the box/wiring so between 700-800 for a good sub amp combo, ive got a trunk so i could fit prolly 1 15 ported 2 15's sealed, and prolly 3 12's or 10's, im looking for some nice sql, please some suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3334
how about.......2 15" Arsenal sealed.:-O

it is cheap...it will get loud, and LOW, and you don't have to worry about tuning the box.:-O

not sure on the amp...i am sure you could find kicker amp on ebay that would suffice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
would 2 15's sealed get louder than 1 15 ported?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2355
it CAN be...it really depends dude

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
well what about with the arsenals?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3335
are you kidding me??? of course 2 15's sealed will get louder than 1 15" ported. its double the coen area. and double the power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3336
theoretically speaking......

1 15" with Rec. RMSpower = "x" db's
now if you port that....you add 3 db's

1 15" with Rec. Power = original "x" dbs. + 3 for double the wooofers(twice the cone area) and + 3 for double the power.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
well thats good to know i always thought porting made a HUGE difference, well i guess it does but not as much as adding another sub. well what'd be a good amp for them?
plus its cool so know i can do a nice custom install instead of using the whole trunk for a huge ported box

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3704
ED NINE 1 / www.elementaldesigns.com

or

Orion 1200D

The Arsenal 15's are on preorder now at a special price at www.ascendantaudio.com

2 15's in a sealed box will be more then enough and hit so low and be so loud off either amp.

Excellant SQL setup there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3338
agreed^^^:-O

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2356
or an even better amp 2 use than that would be a single JL 1000/1 for 1 arsenal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i could use the nine.1/orion 1200D to power both subs??

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3705
Yes sir, those subs come alive at about 500 rms a piece and are efficiant. So 600 rms to each is lovely.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
sweet, does anyone know how much longer they are on the preorder price??? because both my parents are in washington dc untill wedsnday, an i dont have a credit card lol
oh and what about a box? im thinking if i just get a regular sealed box i can try to customize the trunk nice so it looks tight

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3707
That is what i whould do. Put them in a sealed box and 2.0-2.5 cuft per chamber box. You will really appreciate them once you have it all setup this way.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 673
i would get a bigger amp like a hifonics BX2005D to push your subs to their potential. hifonics is a little overated so its prolly a ~1750wrms amp, 2 15s would take it just fine. i would order the subs soon because i heard that they are shipping out next week.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 169
you could also get a audiobahn a8000t to power each one. i'm not sure about that amp but i've heard pretty good things about it on this forum. it's also what i'm doing with my 2 arsenals. lol

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 676
i used to have an audiobahn a8000t, it was a good amp but i needed more power so i sold it. i think it is the best bargain for watts per dollar.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3708
I whould stick with 1 amp 2 run both. Much more efficiant and less wiring hassle along with matching up the gains etc...

Look into the Orion 1200D or ED NINE 1 2 run both subs. No need to put 1000 watts rms to each subwoofer. All you honestly need is 500-600 rms each and it will pound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
so know one know's exactly when they come off preorder, u think if i do it wedsnday night ill be okay?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 847
plus the orion and ed are both underated so they will put about 700 watts to each woofer. that is of course if you have an upgraded charging system.

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 233
maybe.... i got an email last thursday that said they were shipping out early this week.....

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3712
I whould call them up tommorow to make sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
if they are still on preorder wedsnday night i'll def be getting theese, im hoping they are
on the site it says if u prefer paypal we will invoice you, what does this mean? because i have a paypal and the hard part would be convinving my mom over the phone lol, because shes not to keen on the whole " system " thing lol

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3714
They will send you a invoice in your email that directs you to paypal with all the info needed and how much you owe. Once you finish the transaction, its all yours.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
oh they send it email? sweet im clalling my mom tomorrow no dount cause shes prolly sleeping now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
what should i do for the box, like buy one off ebay, or just build it myself?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
dang i hate not being able to edit lol
anyways i have like 38 inches wide to work with, think i should just stay sealed or go with a little port? im thinking sealed so i dont have to tune it, and should i get 2 diff boxes or 1 but chambered??

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 680
i would try to fit a single ported box with 2 chambers and 2 ports. much louder

OT why is the last post by 01GPSE wierd and the post/preview button has writing after it instead of upload attachment?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 681
huh... now its back to normal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
even if its a real small port? then id have to tune it and everything

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3715
I whould go 4.0-5.0 cuft net sealed. That will drop low and get very loud. Thats your best bet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
5.0-4.0 ,is that before the driver displacement??
as in get it that big then put the driver in then it it will a little smaller..... i cant find the displacemnet of the arsenal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
man i hope they are still on preorder tonight

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
man i hate no edit
anyway i just called my mom and she said she wouldnt let me spend that much grrrrr she said 300 is MORE than enough, so i guess we'll go with 300 as imit, on subs thanks guys still goin after sql setup

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 94
man dont ask your parents to buy subs thats not how to do it get your own credit card u can apply online at cibc they accept almost anyone that has a job. MBNA,CanadaTrust are other ones to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
im only 16 lol

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1760
you could just get one now and port it, sure it won't get as loud as 2 sealed, but im sure it'll still be pretty loud, or maybe 2 assassins if you want 2 subs, or just save up and get one havoc, i think its around $425 but it'll be worth it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
i know everyone hates these ?'s but with a good amp what do u think 1 15 ported arsenal will hit, db wise? and an amp suggestion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
anyone?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1763
well its impossible to tell, but i'd guess around the mid 140db area, as for a amp i'd get anything betweeen 600-1000wrms, maybe a kx600.1, that make nice sql setp.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 476
Havoc? Are they good subs? Where can i see one, never heard of them. SQL sub? Thanx guyz.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1768
yes the havoc is extremly good, baseball87 said his havoc got louder than his RE sx and AA ava, so im sure its loud, http://www.ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html
needs atleast 1200wrms, and only comes in 15inch.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 480
Tight thanx Dustin, is it good SQL?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 481
Any front pics of the Havoc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
thanks for jacking my thread TJ lol
anyway any other good amp suggestions for 1 15 ported arsenal???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
and rms watts is 750 so i was thinking something around there, so it will preform to its full capabilities
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us